Pages

Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Austen Family Album

Barbara Brackman  has done it again. She is offering another free Block of the Week called Austen Family Album beginning April 6. You can get details here .

One of the first blogs I started following was Barabara's Civil War BOW about 3 years ago. I used to get up early on Saturday mornings to read it before  my Q@F group came. I had fully intended to make that quilt and the next one Votes for Women. I collected all the patterns and gathered fabrics from  my stash, but somehow never got started on either one. I have a whole bin of Jane Austin fabrics from a class I had taken July 2006 that was called Shades of Pemberly.  It was not so easy making those awkward diamonds from the Jane Austin Coverlet. That is a UFO. I am tempted to pull it out again and try to figure out why I did not complete it. However, Dear Jane waits so patiently.

Jane Austin Fabrics
It will only be one block each week. How hard can that be? I have lots of unbleached muslin in the cupboard somewhere . . .  hhmmm
Blessings,
Chris

5 comments:

  1. Oh boy! thanks for this link and the idea! I think I will follow along, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nothing ventured, nothing gained , as they say! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Quilters are such sharing people: we share ideas, tricks, patterns ....... no wonder we all have so many ufos (not that I am complaining, they make great insulation, stacked all around my studio walls).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. they do make great insulation . . . thanks for sharing

      Delete
  4. I love those fabrics and plan to do this block from Barbara Brackman. I have a friend who got rid of a bunch of her UFOs by just taking all the finished blocks and making orphan block quilts. They looked really neat and cleared out her cupboards.

    ReplyDelete