Pages

Saturday, March 7, 2015

On a Roll with Circles

Now that I have gotten over the fear of doing the small circles, I looked through the rest of the Beyond the Cherry Trees blocks and prepped several more blocks with circles. I had help choosing that soft yellow for the basket or bowl. Then I had to be very careful to place it and start with the bottom of the 3rd stem in the middle of the bowl since I had not left quite enough length.  But as I have said before, these blocks are so forgiving in the placement of the different elements.

BTCT Block # 7

This will be a bowl with fruit in it. It may be the closest thing to doing a Baltimore block that I will get to for a while. I only basted on half the grapes since they are so close together. I love having several blocks prepped and ready to pick up anytime. I try to stitch a bit every night as I listen to some worship music before going to bed. Some nights that can be between 1-2 in the morning.

BTCT Block # 21

 I am being careful  to glue baste so I will not be taking any tiny applique pins with me to visit my daughter and dropping them on the floor for the 9 month old grandson to pick up and eat. I thought I had been careful at my son's house in picking up all the pins that fell until I was told that the cat found one I had missed. Not sure how that could happen with 3/4 inch pins with white or black heads falling onto a white porcelain floor with black grouting.

Round Blessings,
Chris

10 comments:

  1. I find applique stitching so relaxing..but doing it in the evening...I find I don't want to stop and go to bed!! Seems glue in small amounts is the way to go for you in this situation! I have a puppy around the house and she seems to find any pin I drop!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree. I don't want to stop. It is my husband's feet that find any pins if I stitch in the living room, so I keep it to the quilt room or my office in front of a big computer screen.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you. but what you did not see was the grape I unstitched today because it had too too many points.
      It was one I did after midnight 2 nights ago.

      Delete
  3. Aren't the circles fun! There is something about them that is so eye catching!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree and right now this is my addiction. Might be hexies after a while if I ever make just one.

      Delete
  4. This is really gorgeous..beautiful work..hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thankyou. I am really enjoying this journey.

      Delete
  5. OH MY! I am so excited for you with all these circles! Go Girl!!

    ReplyDelete