It is hard to believe that I have been in Australia for a whole week. I went to the AQC on Friday and would you believe I forgot to pull out my camera and take pictures!! I had my camera with me. I got to meet my blogging friend
Carole and we had
dinner the Thurs night with six other quilters and no less than 4 of them are dairy farmers. I just cannot get away from cows. I took a make and take workshop in Paper Piecing. Not to confuse it with
foundation piecing like I am used to doing. It was in English Paper
Piecing with hexie papers. Will I get hooked? Not sure at this point. But one of those dairy farmers,
Linda White , gave me a copy of her book Eleanor Jean. This quilt has no less than 22 thousand 5 hundred quarter inch fussy cut, hand stitched, hand quilted EPP hexagons and was awarded the Australia National Quilt Award 2014 by Bernina. I just might consider it.
I got to meet some quilt icons like Jinny Beyer and Di Ford.
I did make it to Castlemaine and was warmly greeted by Sammy with a kiss. Cheeky fella. Does he do that to all the girls that visit Threadbear Patchwork?
I did not receive quite as warm a welcome from Bella the 22 month old baby Koala at the Gorge Wildlife Park in Adelaide.
I had 2 farm stays on Guernsey farms and the quilter in me sees potential patterns everywhere. This is a ceiling mold on one of the 12 foot ceilings in the century farm house.
And this is another. Can you just picture those hearts surrounding a center medallion?
Far far away blessings,
Chris
Welcome to Australia Chris; hope you have a great visit. Have fun Glenda
ReplyDeleteI have had such "warm" welcomes everywhere I have visited.
DeleteEnglish paper piecing is addictive, be warned. Have a great visit, enjoy the warmer weather. Blessings, Gretchen
ReplyDeleteI hear that it is addictive. I bought Stonefields and it has a whole border filled with hexies.
DeleteLooks like you're having an Aussie time!! Robin
ReplyDeleteI am. Everyone needs to make at least one trio here in their lifetime.
DeleteSounds like you have had a warm welcome in Melbourne! Have a wonderful stay!
ReplyDeleteI need to come again and stay longer don't I.
DeleteI am so sorry I couldn't get to Melbourne to see you. My patchwork group was setting up for our two day show, my brass band was giving it's annual concert, and I had a rotten cold. Maybe next time!
ReplyDeleteNow that I've been here once I really want to come again. Maybe AQC 2016?
DeleteIt was great to meet you in person, and glad you got up close and personal with some Aussie animal icons - a koala and Sammy!
ReplyDeleteI didn't expect Sammy to kiss me!! And I held the koala for about 7 seconds. Ling enough for 2 pictures. She was so soft and her arms clung to me nicely without using her claws.
ReplyDelete