Pages

Monday, May 25, 2015

Vacation for Some of My Projects

I came across a picture of Di Ford's antique Wedding Sampler Quilt that I started on a few weeks ago. I joined the BOM from Homestead Hearth and get my blocks every other month.


This is as far as I have gotten on block #1. To say that there are not enough hours in a day to do all the things I have to do is not true. But, there are definitely not enough to do the things I want to do.
I hand pieced this ring and now have to adjust the placement before appliqueing it in place. I am looking forward to the arrival of the replacement fabric next month for the broderie perse so I can begin that new journey of skills.

AWS Block # 1

The final block for the Chester County Criswell Quilt will be released next week and I am committed to finish the quilt this summer, therefore, all other projects will have to take a vacation for now. I just have too many things I am doing in the next couple of months. I have a plan for the quilt when it is completed and quilted. That includes to machine quilt it, but I need to practice a bit first. I still have a few blocks that I have not started. A couple of weird ones.


It seems that now that there is pressure to finish it, my enthusiasm is waning. Or maybe I just need to babysit more often. But wait! We had all three of the little girl grand children here for the weekend and I did not get much done at all of anything, except to hug and snuggle little girls and wipe bloody noses (yes girls can hit too), kiss bruised foreheads, not once but 3 different times, sympathize over bruised and bitten fingers. And that was only the 3 year old. The 7 year old made brownies all by herself and the 2 year old peed in the toilet.

Our grandson will be turning 1 in 2 weeks and he is walking, fast, and I will be flying out to visit him and his mom to help celebrate. His dad will be away at school working on his Doctor of Ministry so we will be able to eat whatever we want when we want. After that, a few days away to Holmes County Ohio to the American Guernsey Association Annual Convention in wonderful Amish quilt country with my Sweet Farmer and then we will be hosting family house guests at the end of June. All my siblings will be here together in the same place at the same time. Lots to look forward to.

Come to think of it, I do get lots of stitching and homework done when I visit my daughter. Maybe I need to go more often.

Looking Forward to Family Blessings,
Chris

2 comments:

  1. For me, deadlines and creative endeavours just don't mix. Fortunately, they don't have to! I will be interested to hear your experience with broderie perse, which is something I haven't tried yet either. But, it's all looking good so far!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have bee reading about it for some time now and will try it different ways.And yes, I definitely will post my progress.

      Delete