Pages

Tuesday, July 14, 2015

A Bit of Long Arm Quilting and Strawberry Picking

I cannot believe that it has been a whole 24 days since I did any applique! Yesterday I pulled out a CCCQ block and managed 2 stitches before being distracted.  Last week I rented time on a longarm for 2 days and quilted up 2 quilts my daughter made last winter. And the owner guy at the shop asked if I was willing to sell this one. So, we succeeded in making a "guy" quilt. It is the same brights I am using in my DJ2 and black Kona cotton. Using a computer generated pantogram, I did an all over geometric design in bright variegated King Tut thread. It turns out that one of the turquoise prints has the same design on it. The machine is a robot so I just baby sat it. It took 3 1/2 hours from pinning it on to completion. I had lots of time to think about whether or not I was willing to invest in such a creature. I think not. I have too many other things to do right now. That and it is really hard on the back to do all the pinning.


Most of our family house guests have returned home and these 2 little girls have been here at the Farm for the past 2 weekends. We took them strawberry picking for the first time and had a blast. They picked more than they ate and they did not pick too many green ones. Tomorrow they are coming for another sleepover and there are raspberries to be picked. They are the perfect height for that.


I finally had time to read over the 11 page evaluation of my manuscript and they have asked for 2 more chapters. So that will be my task over the next 2 weeks.

Summer Blessings,
Chris

16 comments:


  1. Awesome quilt on the longarm. Those colors are so bright!!!
    You are lucky with those helping hands!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE that bright quilt! Renting time on a LA machine sounds like fun - a great way to start to develop a new skill and a fast way to complete some quilting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And much cheaper than buying my own. Problem is there is a 4 month wait list.

      Delete
  3. Beautiful brights! Congrats on getting it all quilted.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I did 2 of them and now for the bindings.

      Delete
  4. Love that quilt on the quilting frame. The bright colors are beautiful. Have fun with the grands. Hope writing 2 more chapters for your book goes smoothly. Have a good week! Blessings, Gretchen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I won't have time until next week to get at it and then have to focus.

      Delete
  5. Gorgeous quilt, Chris! Your comments about strawberry and raspberry picking girls reminded me of my childhood on the farm (picking strawberries, raspberries, currents, etc. etc.). Thanks for the wonderful memories.

    Thanks for posting to TN&TN's WIP Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yesterday I took them to the raspberry patch.

      Delete
  6. Summers are for quilting, strawberries and raspberries! Such a modern quilt and perfect for a guy! I wish that I had a place to rent a machine for quilting. Great idea! Enjoy your little ones.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This place advertises in our guild newsletter. I called several other shops to find one that would let me do some free motion quilting. No one that I know does.

      Delete
  7. What a beautiful way to spend a summer's day :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the bright colors set against the black - so striking! Your little ones look like they are having fun! Strawberries just scream summer! :)

    ReplyDelete