You have to love the French General fabrics. I first heard of them when I started the Ben Biggs QAL. I ended up purchasing not one, not two, but three fat quarter bundles from Craftsy on one of their outrageous sales last fall; the classic selection, Rue Indienne, and Petite Prints. I also bought some yardage of the solid reds and light beigey one for the background on some of my quilt shop hops.
I am pulling the colours from this Winterthur Museum fabric from Andover. It took me about ten minutes to track it down on line after I saw others who had used it in their Morrell quilts for the broderie perse applique. This is going to be fun. If I can contain myself for now.
I am getting ready for the Just Takes 2 quilt retreat in Shipshewana Indiana in three weeks, but first I am flying out to New Brunswick to visit our daughter and the miracle grandson Jonathan. I have to teach him how to say "Gamma Kiss". I have several BTCT blocks packed to take along to complete. I still have three blocks with countless circles to complete. They are all glue basted on the backgrounds so I will not have to keep track of tiny pins. The two little girl grand children were here over night Sunday and again tonight. Their daycare was closed yesterday and tomorrow so they come to the farm. They both know how to say Gramma Chris and Grampa Ken. Some of the most beautiful words in the world with little arms reaching around your neck and a sloppy "I love you" kiss. And, yes, I will be taking along just one textbook.
See you in a couple of weeks
Blessings,
Chris
Do you starch your fabric for applique? Some people do but I haven't. Have a wonderful time with your grandson.
ReplyDeleteNo. I have been doing needle turned hand applique and it turns under nicer when it is washed.
DeleteYum - those fabrics look perfect for your Morrell. Looking forward to following your progress :)
ReplyDeleteI LOVE french general fabrics. After many years using them never have had colors run. Currently I'm making the Noah & Matilda quilt from my FG collection. I look forward to following your progress.
ReplyDelete