I started the Sarah Morrell Sampler Nov 2015.
A few months later I started a facebook group.
I was off to a great start on a great quilt along
but I forgot to take into account that life happens
and there are lots of tempting things going on in blog land.
I bit off more than I could chew.
has me revisiting 17 unfinished quilt projects this year
I could easily pull out 18 different ufos for next year.
I could easily pull out 18 different ufos for next year.
I pulled the Morrell boxes out of the cupboard to see what I have done so far.
It looks like I have 12 blocks almost made.
Two of them are simply fabric panels.
There will be lots of broderie perse.
I am doing this by machine.
Not in love with that center block so far.
Not in love with that center block so far.
I drafted up the saw tooth borders for some of the blocks on EQ7.
This way I would not have to cut out a gzillion triangles
and hand piece them.
and hand piece them.
This is the first block I started.
Looks like I forgot to print out 2 of the foundation strips.
I took time to choose fabrics for many of the foundation patterns.
I wonder if using all French General fabrics will be a bit boring later on?
I won't have to worry about that for now since
I will not get the rest of the 60 blocks made this month.
However
I am working on another (Antique Wedding Sampler)
AWS block
because I need to have some handwork.
Blessings,
Chris
Two blocks per day, sounds doable!
ReplyDeleteLOL! Well, it sounds like you have some good plans to streamline the project and make it more "you." The French General fabrics are so beautiful, but even so I always think a quilt has more depth with a wider range of fabric. You're doing great on this challenge!
Your blocks look great for the Morrell Quilt, Love the fabrics too. The hand applique block just says Autumn.
ReplyDeleteThe French General fabrics look beautiful. You probably have enough variety you won't get tired of them. The new block of AWS has a good start. Next Sunday you can show her to us finished. Hope you get plenty of stitching time this week.
ReplyDeleteMorrell looks pretty, but I agree that that center block looks off with the rest of the quilt. I really like the French General fabrics. I hope you enjoy working on your UFOs.
ReplyDeleteI don't know what AWS stands for but I like the block.
ReplyDeleteWhat is AWS quilt? The Morrell quilt is a very difficult quilt to make! Interesting what we find in our UFO bucket!!! I agree with Gretchen - those French General fabrics are beautiful!
ReplyDeleteWhat a simply beautiful quilt this will be Chris,whatever size you decide on. And challenging too. French General are one of my favourites; I don't think you can go wrong at all. You are off to a good start so good luck with it.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful. French General is always a favorite of mine. Can't wait to see the progress.
ReplyDeleteLOL Oh Chris I'm in the same boat I've been side tracked from my Ufosin2017 and not really happy about it but the things that are side tracking me are OHHHH so lovely and fun LOL I just have to be a little more in control BUT!!!!! look what Esther is about to release now a Koi Panel and it looks so so beautiful another temptation and just to beautiful NOT to make LOL Your blocks are all very lovely looks like a DI Hall Ford fabric you are using. Hugs Glenda
ReplyDeleteMy - that's a lot of UFO's! Hope you meet the challenge for this year, and don't create any more! Thanks for sharing your progress on Midweek Makers!
ReplyDeleteStunning fabrics...
ReplyDeleteI think sometimes we all feel like we've bitten off a bit more than we can chew when we get excited about a project...
I've made a little lesson for myself. I don't have to finish EVERY UFO to start something new, I just have to finish SOMEthing. When I want to start something i collect the fabrics and the patterns and the supplies, and I place them in a pretty stack where I can see them. Every time I pass them I pat them, and look forward to starting the project. But I have to finish something before I can start. It makes me examine my projects (much like the UFO challenge), and look for something that needs hardly any finishing, so that I can finish it, then I get to make something else! yay!
Alas, I have chosen 3 big projects this year, and am all consumed by them all. It is nice to have variety so that I am not tired of working on it.
I am enjoying your revisiting of projects on the blog.
Your cener block is a design that I have attempted to piece a couple times and they never turn out quite flat. I see you are going to applique yours. Might be a good solution for me.
ReplyDeleteSo nice to see your Morrell! One of those broderie perse blocks looks vey familiar ;) the Di Ford column print looks great and I love the French General fabrics - it won't be boring as you've already used other fabrics.
ReplyDelete