The infamous just-takes-2 pattern is on sale right now for $10 if anyone is interested. But you better hurry. It is a digital download. I collected the patterns when they were free in 2012 and chose to make mine in all different Jinny Beyer Pallet fabrics since I had about 100 different ones.
The top half is all sewn together. The bottom half is the blocks I have made so far in no particular order.
I wanted to see what colours to use for the remaining blocks. I took time the other day to go through the patterns once I found the big binder hiding under other books on the storage shelf in the corner of the quilt room. And guess what else I found there? sort of pushed behind?
Yes, the rest of the heat-n-bond lite I had been looking for. I knew I hadn't used it all. For the life of me, I cannot find the 15 inch green radiant star I made back in June. I will keep looking. Never know what else I might find.
Today I am trying to finally finish the Turkey Tracks block I started at a hand piecing workshop with Linda Collins more than a year ago. This is one block. I did not want to start a new quilt then so when I realized the block was going to finish at 9 inches, I decided to make one to add to my Serendipity quilt.
Hand piecing and I are still not friends. But there is so little left to complete it now that I have located the rest of the little bits. I will replace another 9 inch block but had to see what colours I already used.
Last week I finished up the hand applique on some blocks so pulled out this BTCT block from a long time ago. I was trying to figure out how to get one of the stems to tuck under the top of the bowl and accidentally cut it off when I back basted the bowl on. And I cannot find a long enough piece of that green to make another.
So, I started stitching down the bowl hoping I could figure it out. Nope. I will try to find the same green.
I have used most of the fat quarter in the rest of the blocks.
There will be reverse applique holes in the top of that bowl. The stem end is supposed to hide inside one of those. Wish me luck.
I am going away next weekend and possibly the one after that, so I need need need to have a few more applique blocks prepped. I started on that last night and will try to get a few more prepped today.
I can do the hand stitching while the little boys are around, but not machine work. That is far too interesting for them and I prefer to not draw their attention to the sewing machines. They both like to play with the toy machines. Good thing I have 2.
Blessings,
Chris
I did complete this one tonight and I will not be making another again any time soon.
linking with: lovelaughquilt mid week makers BOMs Away let's bee social needle-and-thread-thursday slow sunday stitching needleandthreadnetwork
Your Just takes two quilt is marvelous. Was that really way back then! How time flies Enjoy your stitching!
ReplyDeleteI have a UFO that I am short on a needed fabric after I made a mistake too. Your blocks are going to be beautiful.
ReplyDeleteWell Chris, you certainly are not into easy or fast projects according to this post. Your projects look relaxing and beautiful! Your work is exceptional as well.
ReplyDeleteThe turkey tracks block turned out lovely, I can see why you've only made one block. My 1 year old grandson also loves my machine, that's why the machine is upstairs and he's not allowed up there. Hope the green works out ok on the BTCT block. Have a great time these next week-ends. Happy stitching.
ReplyDeleteI love the way your green block turned, you are good at hand stitching! Beautiful appliqué quilt too, stem will connect easily later ;) Happy stitching, with the boys!
ReplyDeleteVery nice hand-pieced block! Also, I love my applique, but find it hard to find time to do the darn prep work!
ReplyDeleteI do not blame you one bit for not making another Turkey Tracks block! But the one you did do looks fantastic!
ReplyDeleteThe Turkey Tracks block looks pretty complicated. Yours turned out beautifully and flat! Enjoy your time away this weekend.
ReplyDelete