Pages

Thursday, February 1, 2018

February Quilting Goals

I had a dream last night that I was binding a quilt
!!! . . . by hand . . . !!!
Haven't done that in so many years
I forget how far back. 
plan
is to finally sandwich my first 
Dear Jane Quilt
and get it ready to hand quilt.



number for Feb is 1 which is Serendipity
but I am working on that one monthly for the RSC.
So my focus will be to sandwich and
machine quilt the 1857 Album Quilt 
which is #2 on the list.
No promises that I will bind it by hand or machine.



This months RSC colour is purple
so Bright Jane might come out to play since
it is Feb and winter is half over. 



I am going away again this weekend 
so have 3 BTCT blocks prepped with more buds
and leaves


and 2 textbooks this time.

Blessings,
Chris

7 comments:

  1. What a fabulous Dear Jane! It must feel amazing to look at that quilt top and know you made it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It will be even more amazing to look at a QUILTED Dear Jane top.

      Delete
  2. Dear Jane is a quilt I have dreamed of making. I bought the book years ago, and still, the enormity of it makes me hesitate to begin. It's like the pinnacle of all quilts. ALL. I couldn't make another quilt after Dear Jane. I have created such an "untouchable" notion about it that I fear it almost! Weird. Yours is lovely, and I admire you so much for such an amazing accomplishment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Beautiful Dear Jane! Have fun quilting, and be sure to share the progress and finish

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your Dear Jane is gorgeous. Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and good luck with your project.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Every time I see a Dear Jane I gasp. Such detail! Yours is just lovely. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my you have a finished Dear Jane top. So gorgeous! Off to see your progress this month.

    ReplyDelete