I got this far on this Ella block on Sunday but could not find the last petal in that coral colour. I wasn't sure what name to give to it but one of the girls called it coral.
I looked high. I looked low. I looked on the floor and under the tables. Then I went through every box of fabrics here that it might have been in. I even looked through all the see-through boxes on the shelf with all the small stuff in them. And I found a spool of coral or dusty rose cotton thread to match but not the petal nor the piece of fabric it came from. Now, if you recall, I am using a 10-inch square pack of Betsy McKutchian's Susannah Scraps and there was only a 10 inch square of that fabric. What to do? But I have matching thread once I decide to do it.
There are only 8 days left in September before October will be here. That means I have to get my One Monthly Goal done or fail miserable (insert sad face). Well, not really. I could just roll it over to next month. But I had other ideas for next month. Sigh.
In the meantime, I have been working away at a course called Blame it on the Brain. It is about learning disabilities in children. I see myself on every other page Well, not quite. Just in the ADHD chapter which was a long one. I have lots of work yet to do but got the open book test done and recorded now to do the next thing.
Blessings,
Chris
linking with : needleandthreadnetwork. wednesday-wait-loss
Darn that missing petal! I hope it shows up somewhere.
ReplyDeleteI am interested in your class. I think it is because I am a teacher and I find it interesting how everyone learns so differently. We really cannot see into individual brains to understand why learning is so much harder for some than others.
I hope you found the missing petal, it's too pretty of a block to not be able to finish it.
ReplyDeleteUgh!! I hate it when that happens!!! Best of luck locating the missing piece.
ReplyDeleteI keep my fingers crossed. Hopefully you find the missing pedal.
ReplyDeleteOh no! I lose things all the time but eventually find them after reorganizing my sewing room. I hope you find that naughty piece soon! Thanks for sharing on Wednesday Wait Loss.
ReplyDelete