I found the rest of that piece of coral fabric between 2 Thiries fabrics for the 3030 Quilt. Not sure how it ended up there, except that I was prepping both at the same time and usually put things away quickly and carelessly.
I found the missing petal yesterday when I swept the floor under my desk.
Now to audition something dramatic or subtle for the center. I cannot just turn it under and reverse applique. I tried.
I am linking with Kathy at slow-sunday-stitching.
Blessings,
Chris
Hi,
ReplyDeleteLovely Ella block...the Dresden block is beautiful..have a great day!
So glad you found the missing petal. I hate when they decide to play hide and seek like that. How about subtle like the light flower in the light coral - the beige one maybe? Good luck and happy stitching.
ReplyDeleteYour blocks look very nice. Normally I don't find a missing piece of fabric until . . . 1. I cut a new piece or 2. I start a new block with different fabrics. Happy stitching!
ReplyDeleteOh such pretty blocks! I hate when I find the piece after I have already cut a new one! Such is life!
ReplyDeleteVery pretty blocks! :)
ReplyDeleteLovely Ella blocks, I love the colors!
ReplyDeleteBoth blocks have such pretty fabrics. Your Ella block is lovely. My hands this week, have been working a little slowly, too.
ReplyDeleteLovely blocks. Thanks for sharing with Oh Scrap!
ReplyDeleteGorgeous fabrics in both blocks. Keep on slow stitching...xox
ReplyDeleteOh my, you found the pedal, great. Your blocks look beautiful.
ReplyDeletePretty blocks. Glad that you found the missing petal.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful applique. You have more patience than me. Do you reckon that fabric just gets up and walks? I'm sure it does.
ReplyDeleteBoth blocks are lovely but being that I love bright bold colors I really love that orange in the Ella Block........glad you found the missing petal!
ReplyDeleteGlad you found your missing piece! I hate when that happens. So frustrating!
ReplyDeleteYay for missing fabric showing up! Both of these blocks are beauties. That brighter coral is going to look great in the mix with bits of it in other blocks, too. It plays nice with the petals block in a way that creates a look of depth.
ReplyDeleteDon't you just hate it when our hands, back and feet hurt? I need a new body! LOL. Beautiful blocks!
ReplyDeleteOh, Betsey fabrics do look good in the blocks!
ReplyDelete