Pages

Saturday, February 6, 2021

New Laptop

This past Thurs I got a new laptop. Yup. Brand new. I messaged my son at noon and he brought one home for me that night. I said it had to have a touch screen because I am spoiled. Now I have the fun of setting up a new computer and figuring out how to find things. First off, it has facial recognition. This simply means that when I open the lid and press the on button, it starts up. No password needed. And I have it upstairs in my new workspace. I met with my Sat group there this morning and had a great time visiting with sisters and friends from 4 different countries. 

Last week we (I) impulsively suggested we watch a movie to talk about and mentioned The Dressmaker. Highly recommend it. It is quirky, sad, funny, and unexpected. Next week we agreed on The Dig. That is based on a true story practically in my sister's backyard in Suffolk England. Then I suggested Agatha Christie the Truth of Murder for the following week. 

And why am I suddenly watching movies? Because I can. I found these on Netflix but not every country has the same choices Then I discovered movies on youtube. This on my new laptop upstairs in my new workspace. My Sweet Husband suggested I wait until after the summer before moving my 100 boxes of quilting stuff up there. 


Also, I bought a floor lamp. One with a weighted base so it will not tip over on the thick carpet in our living room. Most of the couches are too uncomfortable for my body but I can sit in the leather easy chair. Now I can stitch as I sit there and so I am. This is revolutionary for me. I usually sit here at my desk or table by the computer. After all, I am trying to complete Ella blocks and do the 15 Minutes to Stitch thing every week. 



Today we went next door to wish Great Grandma a happy 92nd Birthday. The girls made a batch of brownies and took her one-piece with 2 candles in it. It was bitterly cold and since I cannot walk that far, I got a ride. The girls made cards and our daughter and the boys showed up with cards and snow gear to go sledding on the hill behind the drive shed.

I completed 2 blocks this week. I have 9 in-process blocks to choose from so bring on the Super Bowl!

 Blessings,

Chris


linking with: off-wall-friday.

wendysquiltsandmore  confessionsofafabricaddict. alyciaquilts. 

 link-party-patchwork-quilts-   tishnwonderland. ortheloveofgeese.  quiltingismorefunthanhousework.  sugarlane-designs 

slow-sunday-stitching  kate-life-in-pieces.  whatahootquilts.

16 comments:

  1. You need your own private workspace just to stay sane! Those brownies sound great. Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lots of new things. I hope you will enjoy the stitching in the living room. I love it. I forgot to join in Saturday but did manage to watch the movie on Amazon Prime Friday night. I know the next one is available as well. Enjoy that new computer and happy stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am working on that top Ella block right now! We watched The Dig and enjoyed it. Happy stitching and organizing your new workspace!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your blocks are lovely...& enjoy your new computer too...xox

    ReplyDelete
  5. Look at you there hitching a ride on that fabulous vehicle, to visit Great Grandma! Wow....92 years old!! Why, you won't know yourself now with a new computer. I loved The Dressmaker. As an aussie gal this movie is so very 'us'. Enjoy your new computer and have a lovely day stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How cool is that snow mobile?? Pretty quilt blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great ride, Chris.
    I enjoyed our visit. Thanks for the invite.

    ReplyDelete
  8. P.S. You and your sisters are so fun.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pretty blocks, and congratulations on the 15'stitching every day. Enjoy your new toy, and movies ;)
    Thank you for linking up today.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like a busy week. New computers are fun, but can be such a pain to get everthing set up on. Happy stitching this week.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice Ella blocks and lots of improving changes going on for you. Great.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Best of luck with your new computer, Chris. What speedy service your "computer tech" provided! :o))

    ReplyDelete
  13. I just got a new laptop too. Not as fancy as yours though. Going for a snowmobile ride would be so fun! I am bit envious! Nice blocks. The quilt will be fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  14. yeh a new laptop.........goodluck setting it up........
    I'd move 5 boxes a week......you cna sort them a little maybe and by the end of summer they would all be up there.........no massive job then???

    ReplyDelete
  15. Bonjour de France. Ici pas de motoneige. Pourriez vous m"indiquer le modèle votre premier bloc, pour que moi aussi, je puisse le faire. Merci et bonne journée

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congratulations on the new computer! It'll be a lot of fun I'm sure. Thanks for sharing on Wednesday Wait Loss.

    ReplyDelete