Pages

Sunday, March 28, 2021

April 201 OMG Goal

My OMG goal for April will be to stitch for at least 15 minutes almost every day. I have quite a few Ella blocks already prepped with back basting for needle-turn hand applique. This method goes on in layers as some of the pieces sit on top of others. There will be a few broderie perse blocks. I like doing them once I decide what fabrics to cut out. I prep lots of blocks at a time when I have time to sit with it for a few hours like on Sat mornings when I meet online with a few sisters and quilting friends. 



I am putting most of my other projects on hold for a couple of months as I endeavor to complete the rest of my academic courses. And if I can stay off Facebook and stop reading blogs and playing games, I have a good chance to do just that. But that is not the way I do things usually. 

We are back in lockdown this week, so I won't be able to go to the pool again for a while. It felt good to get some exercise but it did take time and energy. Taxes are getting done on Wed.  

blessings,

Chris

linking with: slow-sunday-stitching_  kate-life-in-pieces. 

oh-scrap-  quiltingpatch. design allmonday 

lovelaughquilt. needleandthreadnetwork. 

wednesday-wait-loss  midweek-makers  myquiltinfatuation.  

ninamariesayre. boms-away-  tishnwonderland

elmstreetquilts.

20 comments:

  1. Your Ella blocks are beautiful. I need to work on last month's this week. Good luck on finishing your academics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,
    Beautiful blocks. They are all very pretty...it
    will make a great quilt when done. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aah.....the visiting of blogs is rather akin to going down the rabbit hole, isn't it...but they are always filled with inspiration. Your Ella blocks are lovely. Enjoy your studies!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking forward to the world being vaccinated and getting out of all the lockdown situations. Your blocks look great. With the cooler weather here this week, hibernating is not a bad idea, eh?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wishing you success with your course work.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your blocks are so pretty. Have a lovely week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those Ella blocks are spectacular, Chris! Happy stitching this week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good luck with your OMG for April and with finishing your academic courses. Electronic distractions are the bane of many of us to getting more done.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good luck on your OMG for April. Your blocks are coming along beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those are beautiful applique blocks. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such beautiful Ella blocks! Thanks for sharing on Wednesday Wait Loss.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a wonderful idea to prep a collection of blocks for some needle turn appliqué down time. Your goal of 15 minutes a day is doable and therefore one you will likely accomplish. Funny how quickly progress is made.

    ReplyDelete
  13. bugger your back in lockdown....what has gone wrong???

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your blocks are beautiful! It sounds like you have a bunch on your plate right now. Just remember, slow and steady wins the race.

    ReplyDelete
  15. You do seem to get a lot of preparation done, and good luck on staying off facebook etc. Sorry to hear you are back in lockdown.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great OMG! Sewing 15 minutes a day was how I fell in love with quilts! Your blocks are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ella is looking great. Bummer on the lockdown again. At least you have plenty to keep you busy on the farm!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sorry you are locked down again and can't get to the pool. I am thinking I will go get a pass to the pool to get me started into a summer routine of exercise a bit early.
    It is hard to stay away from blogging and FB and other distractions, but necessary. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete