Pages

Tuesday, July 27, 2021

July 2021 OMG Completion

 My OMG goal was to start 3 new quilts not finish anything.

#1. Macaron Mystery QAL. It appears that the July clue was to collect the fabrics. I had that all done months ago when I first saw the link. So all that was left to do for the first month is to take a picture. 



#2. Summer QAL. This was a bit more challenging. Not only did I

have to choose my fabrics, but I also had to actually start it. Clues are posted twice a week. We are up to Clue # 7. This is my focus fabric and I am using a Kona Snow for the background. 
There are so many colour options to pull from this print. I had a half meter and just enough to cut out all the required size pieces including a few random butterflies. 


Clues # 4 and 6.



                             Clue # 2.

Clue # 5 


Clue # 7. This is when I realized I had cut the focus fabric the wrong size. Silly me. I thought I was so clever using the Dear Jane square-up ruler. I have some recutting to do before the next clue is out on Sat. 

#3. Poppy's Polka Dot Garden. I collected patterns for this free QAL

since they started last year. They will continue until about Dec 2022 so lots of time. I wanted to do this one by machine applique and thought of using some leftovers from fused green and purple leaves and scraps from the sampler I made several years ago. I chose a background fabric. My first thought was to use a variety of different backgrounds but ended up cutting out all the squares and borders from one beigey burlappy fabric. Then I promptly prepped the first block in orange  cheddar. My plan was to prep a lot of

blocks now and do the machine applique later. Then I prepped a couple more in purple and green. But the pieces did not adhere to the fabric nicely.  And the colours did not look right. I guess the bright colours do not look so good on the neutral background. I probably could use reproduction fabrics since many of them have a softer washed out look. Decisions. Decisions. But I have made a start and that was my intent. 

Blessings,

Chris

Linking with:meadowmistdesigns   Oh Scrap  wednesday-wait-loss  patchwork-quilts  midweek-makers  myquiltinfatuation.  wendysquiltsandmore.

finish-and-finished-or-not

23 comments:

  1. Great starts! Have a great day, making hay here. Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely beginnings, you are keeping quite busy with stitching now that school is over.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What great projects you have been working on. I am in love with the applique project. Happy quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're off to a good start on three projects! That must feel good. Thanks for sharing on Wednesday Wait Loss.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey, those are neat projects!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely projects you are working on...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yea for making a start on 3 new projects. Love the colors in the inspiration fabric from the second one.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good luck with all your projects...xox

    ReplyDelete
  9. Okay - your OMG is one I can get on board with!! I love it - to start three new projects! and you chose great ones!! How fun to watch these come along!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Each of these projects is off to a terrific start! Your focus fabric and other florals are just fabulous. Looking forward to seeing your mystery quilts take shape!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, you're working on a lot of QALs. Have fun with them.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful new projects, great to read about them. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm laughing because it does me good to see other quilters have a hard time resisting QALs! Hahaha! Love your fabric choices for the Macaron QAL, I resisted the Summer QAL but love seeing your progress, and I think your blocks are very pretty for Poppy's Polka Dot Garden QAL. Guess more beautiful progress will be your WOOFA for August!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow great start but how to you keep all the parts together and out to work on? I have limited space so I always wonder how everyone does it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a great question! I've been thinking the same thing. I have a little one and can barely keep one project in order.

      Delete
    2. In separate clear boxes labelled maybe? This is a storage system often use for several projects

      Delete
  15. My favorite is Poppy Polka Dot Garden - I love the colors! I bet you are on fire with all of the fun new projects. I think I will stick with finishing for now.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your Macaron fabrics look wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and congratulations on your finish!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love your color pull for the Macaron project.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lots of great projects started there, they Look great

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow, 3 new projects, and pretty ones! Have fun!
    Thank you for linking up ❤️

    ReplyDelete