So we got a phone call from an old friend inviting us to his wedding next month reminding us that I promised him a quilt. That means my OMG for October now is to have this quilt to a flimsy ready to get machine quilted. I can still do the Stitch for 15 Minutes a day thing but with this Biblical Blocks Quilt.
There are still 6 blocks to make. One is already cut out and ready to machine applique. All the borders are machine appliqued, just waiting to be sewn onto the quilt before adding the final flowers in the corners and between the swags to center them nicely. Fortunately, the teacher for this class had us cut ALL the borders and connecting triangles, including labeling them, first before making the blocks with the rest. Everything has been sitting in a project box for at least 15 years awaiting completion.
Wish me luck.
Blessings,
Chris
linking with: myquiltinfatuation.
What a amazing wedding gift…
ReplyDeleteYou CAN do it! So pretty as is!
ReplyDeleteGood luck! I know you can do it (smart teacher to have that all cut and labeled in case things get sidelined!)
ReplyDeleteIt's a beautiful quilt, hope finishing goes well this month. I love the applique border sections, happy stitching!
ReplyDeleteWhat a beauty of a quilt! It seems like you have so much of it finished already, I'm sure you can get it done in time.
ReplyDeleteThere’s nothing like a deadline to spur us on. It is a beautiful quilt. What a very special gift to give. They will be delighted.
ReplyDeleteIt a beautiful quilt! A wonderful gift! Looking forward to your progress!
ReplyDeleteOh Luck Luck Luck!! so glad he reminded you tho! it means he really likes your work!!
ReplyDeleteAll the best with your deadline, I think I work better to a deadline, and I have that book Biblical Blocks, from years ago, and had good intentions to do a quilt!! One day??
ReplyDeleteIt's going to be stunning. I hope having a deadline is a feature rather than a hindrance for you.
ReplyDeletewhat a beautiful quilt, hope you get it done in time
ReplyDeleteGood luck Chris, it is beautiful already.
ReplyDeletetalk about pressure....sure hope you got it finished in time! I know just what you mean....got that baby quilt finished with a week to spare!!! Congratulations by the way...you were our October FNSI winner. flick me a message with your details and I'll get Dawn to post your prize out to you. XXX big sugary hugs :o)
ReplyDelete