Mid-year-check-in with my 2022 quilting goals is an epic fail. I have not completed anything on the list. I started one new project the Churn Dash SAL with Chooky and friends. Then I was carefully ransacking through many of the project boxes looking for a specific fabric for fussy cutting and got thinking about working on a bunch of different ufos, but really was wanting to cut out more hexies for Lucy since I finally took time to prewash a huge pile of fabrics.
And did I complete the Lucy block I was working on last Sunday? NO. But I did get some stitching done the other day, so some progress.
And did I complete the Lucy block I was working on last Sunday? NO. But I did get some stitching done the other day, so some progress.
I got distracted with our son getting married here at the farm in the spring and making a wedding quilt which was on the big ufo list but not on the 2022 goals list. Can I change the list? And what are the chances of me actually completing all 12 projects on the list before the end of this year? Or, better still, completing any of them at the rate I am going?
I have a long to-do list on my desk upstairs that has more than quilting goals for the week. But, alas, we are going on a road trip next week so that will have to be stretched out for another week. This is the road trip we postponed last week because the local expressway is taking a "shortcut" through our heifer field beside the house. At least that is the term our newly married son used to explain all the smelly asphalt in our yard and a newly paved lane down through the field. They are repaving the expressway and we are getting "free" ground-up asphalt delivered for a mere $100 per load ( about 5 loads each of 4-5 nights) plus $1000 per week rental of the roller packer thingy to level it. My Sweetie wanted to be here when all this was going on. And why are we doing this since we sold the cows? Who knows. My Sweetie has to have something to do. We did bale up a field of second-cut hay this weekend. The expressway is 2 km south of us.
So my official To-DoTuesday list for the next 2 weeks includes:
- Progress on Biblical Blocks aka the Wedding Quilt.
- Cut out more backgrounds of Churn Dash. I am using an assortment of cream Bella Solids. The colours are all cut and ready to make a gazillion HSTs.
- Complete Lucy #7 block. This is as far as I got so far.
- Prep and place the corner buds for Ben Biggs.
- Prep some handwork to take on the road trip. Stitching together the paper-lined hexies does not go well in the car. I may pull out a couple of Ella applique blocks that have been sitting in a box for more than a year waiting their turn for completion.
My hands are not working as efficiently as they used to so any progress is slow. My OMG goal for the month is to have fun working on a few different quilt projects and that I am so far.
Blessings,
Chris
any progress is progress so keep at it Chris...........
ReplyDeleteHave a wonderful time in Pennsylvania, safe travels!
ReplyDeleteWe all have those years when not much happens in the sewing room ..... don't be so harsh on yourself .... pick one project and enjoy working on it for a month or two and you will be happy with your progress. Most of your projects involve a lot of applique (and that equals a lot of hours involved) and if your hands are not working well, they will just take longer to do and your goals will not be met. Why not toss out those goals and just enjoy working on whatever your heart tells you to.
ReplyDeleteHi,
ReplyDeleteAll your projects done so far seem to be progressing, progress is progress whatever it is. My whole body aches from arthritis, but thankfully my hands don't seem to be affected. Maybe because they are always busy quilting.. Have a great day!
You've had a lot of distractions and a big one right now. I can't imagine having to deal with a road! I think you are doing great. Hope you enjoy some relaxing time away on your road trip.
ReplyDeleteThank you for joining with us at To Do Tuesday!