Pages

Sunday, September 18, 2022

Some Hand Stitching

One of my summer quilting goals was to have 12 completed Lucy crosses. And I succeeded.    


Now my Lucy focus will be to stitch together several of the sashing and cornerstone units using the already basted white hexies. I took time to count them out and calculate how many I have and how many I need. Lots. I caved and am now gluing the one-inch squares. They are just too small to hand-baste. I did try.  


Linking with Kathy at Slow Sunday Stitching.
Blessings,
Chris

19 comments:

  1. this is such a beautiful piece--I love the fussy cut flower in the center of the joining white section...lovely work hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Lucy blocks are so pretty. I love the 'border' one - very creative fussy cutting! I need to get back to mine. (I'm doing a nine block table topper and I'm stalled at the borders.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks wonderful, love the plain colours joining it together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty. Nice border sections. Gail @ the cozy quilter

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are really pretty!! the look very difficult!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your Lucy blocks are beautiful! Love seeing them come together.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the fussy cut sections. It really worked well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your blocks are beautiful. I especially love that blue one which seems to be a square, very clever fussy cutting there.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful! These are always so fascinating to me, that the arrangement of the pieces and they way they're cut can create such differences in appearance.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is looking so very beautiful. I love the variety of fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful! This project is coming along quite well!

    ReplyDelete
  12. those blocks are so lovely - I made a Lucy quilt some years ago and it continues to be a favorite

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your quilt is looking fabulous. I find the design so intriguing.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Goodluck Chris the blocks are looking great.......you will be even more motivated once you join some together............

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely Lucy's..... even though you use the same pattern for each block they all look different.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love seeing your Lucy Bostons!!! I recently put 6 swapped Patchwork of the Crosses blocks together into a wall hanging. They'll appear on my blog on December 10th, Lucy Boston's birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Chris, your Lucy Boston blocks are just lovely, your fabric combinations are absolutely beautiful.
    *hugs*
    Tazzie
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  18. These are so pretty Chris, love the fuzzy cutting. Lovely Lucy blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  19. It's fascinating the different looks you can get with a Lucy Boston block...they look wonderful.

    ReplyDelete