Friday night I joined the Chookshed Stitchers for 4 1/2 hours to hang out and do some stitching. I had dropped one of those red stripey hexies so could not complete this block for Lucy. This will be block #12 when completed. My goal for this project for the summer was to have 12 completed crosses. I will turn my focus on making sashing and corner squares for a while. I have lots of white hexies basted ready for the one inch gold squares to get caught up. I am using glue for those because they are just too small for my large arthritic fingers to hand baste.
In the meantime, this has sprung up in our backyard. I wanted to stitch out there the other night, but the workers were still out there tearing the whole thing apart because the liner leaked. We wanted a patio for the hot tub and to place to entertain outdoors and this sort of showed up. Landscaping will happen soon. Then, I plan to plant 500 spring bulbs. They are on the porch waiting.
Linking up with Kathy at Slow Sunday Stitching.
Blessings,
Chris
Beautiful block, I love your colors!
ReplyDeleteThe block will be lovely when all finished.
ReplyDeleteYour hexies are so pretty, I love the little butterflies, and the ones in the center. They go very well with the golden hexies. Gorgeous! Gluing is great to hold them.
ReplyDeleteWow, your backyard looks fabulous!
Thank you for sharing, and linking up!
Wow! That will be a beautiful and serene place to stitch! Lucy is looking great.
ReplyDeleteThe water features is going to be great. Enjoy your remaining patio time.
ReplyDeleteYour Lucy is going to be stunning.
ReplyDeleteso nice to see you sewing with us.........I have used that red on my Lucy blocks also......ill have to find it and show you......see what I did as I can't remember...........
ReplyDeletethe water feature looks great......
both Lucy and your water space will be beautiful!
ReplyDeleteThat block is so pretty. I can't wait to see all those bulbs in bloom in the Spring.
ReplyDelete