Pages

Friday, October 7, 2022

OMG October 2022

 So I did not meet my September OMG goal. No surprise. I did not meet it in  June or May or April either. So now it will be my October goal to finish the wedding quilt. I did make progress. Just not enough. In the meantime, we are hosting a baby shower (my Sweetie's idea to welcome new neighbours) this Sat evening on the patio. It is finished. Mostly. A few more shrubs will go into the ground in the spring. But for now, it is done and paid. 

The baby quilt is one of my ufos the Disappearing 9-Patch that I had intended to finish and give to one of my 4 youngest grandchildren, but they are all in school now and too big. This new little one should enjoy it. 

This is one of 4 ufos I am planning to finish up for WIPS-B-GONE with Leanne at Devoted Quilter. I still have to do the binding but have a couple of hours tomorrow afternoon to get that done now that the quilting is complete. Everyone else is posting progress on Instagram but I do not do Instagram so will post here when I have something to show. 

We have new neighbors on 3 sides of our farm. So my Sweetie thought it would be nice to get everyone to meet everyone and then he thought surprising the mom-to-be would be nice too. He has so much more time to think and play now that he is retired. My goodness, it was exactly a year ago that he announced that he intended to sell all the cows. And, we have such a nice patio to hang out on. Too bad it is October and a bit chilly. But that is what sweaters and jackets are for. 

Blessings,

Chris

4 comments:

  1. These retired dairy farmers have a LOT more time on their hands now. My retired farmer is still milking 2 cows, sigh. I hope you have good weather for the get-together/baby shower.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it lovely when your UFOs give you a prefect gift, only needing a quick finish. Perhaps it was meant to be.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A pretty baby quilt you’re working on.
    Maria Lifeontheblock

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck with this months goal. Enjoy the party.

    ReplyDelete