I pulled out all the Bright Jane project boxes. There were 4. On the very top is one with bits of pre-cut background fabrics in it. There is also one with DJ2 applique stuff but I will have to look for that.
I started this Sept 2014 just after I completed my first Dear Jane Quilt. I was going to do it in a year. Eventually, I started working in the colour of the month for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge. I printed off foundation patterns and chose fabrics and put them all in nicely organized zip-lock bags and then file folders. And there they have sat for a very long time. I bought new solid coloured bedsheets recently and they need a colourful quilt to lay on top.
Red has 10 complete and 2 in process. That amazing circle of geese was foundation pieced using a stay in fusible but is very stiff to work with that way. I have an idea how to finish it. Come back on red month.
For some reason, I thought I had all 20 green blocks done. I see one missing. I will not fret about that until next green month.
And purple. For some reason purple kept getting missed. There will be 25 of these beauties eventually. I long since had stopped making the Dear Jane blocks as I had already made the entire thing in reproduction fabrics. Finished that more than 8 years ago and it is still not quilted. One of these days. But it is on the 23 ufos list.
Then did a count of the completed blocks by putting them up on the small design wall one colour at a time.
I still need 4 blues. Working on that.
Feb is pink month. I have 8 more blocks that have been prepped for Foundation Piecing for several years.
And purple. For some reason purple kept getting missed. There will be 25 of these beauties eventually. I long since had stopped making the Dear Jane blocks as I had already made the entire thing in reproduction fabrics. Finished that more than 8 years ago and it is still not quilted. One of these days. But it is on the 23 ufos list.
or (an) ge
or
or (on) ge?
Guess it depends if you live in Ontario or Quebec.
Either way, I still have 6 blocks to make. No. 7 blocks. That top left one belongs in the yellow collection.
Still need to make 7 more yellow blocks.
Still need to make 7 more yellow blocks.
I am using a variety of bright fabrics I bought just for this quilt. I am not so fond of the bright colours. That is one reason this project has languished so long in project boxes.
And there is aqua. What can I say? These are all done. I like them. This is my project for the RSC this year. I only have 59 blocks to go. I think. If my math is correct.
My To-Do Tuesday quilting list includes:
- Sew something.
- for at least 15 Minutes a Day.
- Don't touch Lucy this week.
My Other To-Do Tuesday list includes:
- Hot tub.
- Laundry.
- Clear those 2 eight foot tables - again.
- Move the glass top table. I cannot reach the small design wall that sits on it and I want to play.
- Put a lot of stuff away.
- Write at least 3 times this week. I got a new book to guide my writing.
- Massage Wed.
- Prep for Women's Small Group Sat.
My February OMG goal is to complete something.
linking with Design Wall Monday
Blessings,
Chris
Your bright Lucy will be stunning. One day.
ReplyDeleteYour Bright Jane blocks are fabulous. I bet it was a delight to pull each one out as well.Happy quilting.
ReplyDeleteThis is an amazing project! Good luck with your goals.
ReplyDeleteThese blocks are so beautiful, and the perfect project for the RSC! I'm tempted to start a Dear Jane myself, but have managed to resist so far.
ReplyDeleteHoly Cow is right Chris!!:))) A lot of beautiful Bright Janes--I have to say I am partial to the pink ones...hugs, Julierose
ReplyDeleteWhat a gorgeous array of blocks!
ReplyDeleteYou have really been busy with your Bright Jane blocks. I remember your Dear Jane but didn't realize it was done that long ago. This is a great use of all your scraps.
ReplyDeleteSomehow I got logged out before I finished typing my comment here. I don't know whether you got it or not, so this may be a repeat. I remember your Dear Jane but it seems like it was just a couple of years ago. Your Bright Janes are stunning and a great use of those scraps.
ReplyDeleteThis is going to be a wonderful quilt! Have fun each month!
ReplyDeleteAll of the blocks are just great but I zero'd in immediately on that amazing red/white circle of geese! Wow!
ReplyDeleteLove those Bright Dear Jane blocks. They'll look fabulous when they are all sewn together....
ReplyDeleteChris your Bright Jane blocks are all beautiful. What a great idea to use them for your RSC blocks. Here in BC I say or (an) ge. ;). Good luck with your list. It does look pretty inspiring to me, especially the hot tub and massage! can you guess its raining and miserable here? Thank you for linking with To Do Tuesday. Enjoy your group on the weekend and I do wish you luck on completing your list. ;)
ReplyDeleteSuch gorgeous blocks, Chris! I think making a Dear Jane quilt is a labor of love, and then you get all the experience with so many different blocks as well as the finished blocks and quilt! This will be a beauty.
ReplyDeleteNancy, ndmessier @ gmail, https://joyforgrace.blogspot.com
Your blocks will make a stunning quilt when you get them finished, one day.
ReplyDelete