It has been a while since I posted a to-do list here. Not that I have not been doing. Just not posting. In April my Sweetie and I went to a family wedding in England. That was so much fun.
We visited farm friends in Cornwall and booked our own train ride across country. I took a bit of stitching along but managed only about a dozen hand stitches. Guess we were having too much fun.
After we got home, 3 cousins from Poland arrived for a 2 week visit. We laughed and ate and ate and laughed some more. Silly girls. They made perogi. Not once but twice. Oh my goodness. And Polish apple pie. I am a convert.
Of course, no family visit is complete without cabbage rolls. We saved a few in the freezer for another day. And I even got recipes for all of the above. In English.
It was their first visit to Canada. We went to Niagara Falls and did the tourist thing. I got coerced into making a couple of rhubarb custard meringue pies. They were delicious.
So now my to-do list:
- Keep having fun.
- Laugh some more. It feels so good.
- Transform the SonRoom into a quilt retreat room.
- Complete my own sewing projects preparations.
- How many projects should I work on? It's not like I have to find room in my carry-on bag for 3 weeks. Been there. Done that.
- Have some more fun.
- The sun has been shining and it is up to 30C here this weekend. That feels so good too.
- Pull some weeds.
- Plant the new plants I bought.
- Transplant the irises and peonies that popped up in the new lawn.
That should keep me busy.
Blessings,
Chris
linking with: To-Do Tuesday
I like your list! I think having fun needs to be at the top of everyone’s list!
ReplyDeleteThose foods look delicious! Sounds like you've been having a wonderful time with family!
ReplyDeleteI haven't made my own perogi since high school. I remember they were a lot of work. Those look much better than mine. The pies are wow! Busy times with family.
ReplyDeleteLooks like a good to do list you have there. Have a good week.
pretty envious here...i am in desperate need of fun...i can see you had my share...LOL
ReplyDeleteSounds like a lovely time with family........
ReplyDeleteChris your list and weeks sound like perfection! Fun, family and food sound like priorities to me! I confess to drooling a little over the photos of all your amazing traditional foods (and the rhubarb custard pie). Thank you for linking with To Do a Tuesday. Hope you’ve kept up with your lust this week and had lots of fun and laughter! 😉 Carol https://quiltschmilt.ca/
ReplyDeleteI really like your list. Especially the first thing on your list! Have fun with Ella this month.
ReplyDeleteI believe I was able to enjoy those Polish Perogi while I visited. Yummy!
ReplyDeleteThose pies look so good, and I like the number 1 on your list
ReplyDelete