Pages

Tuesday, July 2, 2024

July 2024 Chookshed Challenge

 The number chosen for the Chookshed Challenge this month is #1 and that is the Macaron Mystery QAL.  I started this exactly 3 years ago to celebrate completing the Cherries Quilt. I found all the pieces. Some by accident when I was looking for a deck of cards yesterday. I did write on the challenge list to complete, quilt and bind this one. Considering my recent track record of stitching about twice each month for awhile, it will be interesting to see how far I get. 


To-Do-Tuesday list for this week:

  1. Look through and organize all the pieces for Macaron Mystery.
  2. Make a plan to progress. 
  3. Progress.
  4. Take pictures.
  5. Post progress. 
  6. Write something. 
That should be enough accountability for this week. The house has been full of family (8 last week, 24 yesterday, 9 today, 12 Thurs, one's flight got moved to Thurs, another 3 arrive on Friday, 5 leave next Mon, another leaves Tues, another returns and a mass exodus on Fri, leaving 3 if I did the math correctly). So, basically, family time at the farm and I am loving it. I do not have to feed them nor do I have to babysit any of them. 

We had a heat wave 2 weeks ago. It is not common for us to have 34C/93F temperatures here for more than a few days in the summer. And that is just what we had for about 3 days. It is fun to discover that the new SonRoom weathered this heat quite well. I turned off the floor heat and with the ceiling fans on medium, the temperature did not get over 75F in here. Had to remember to keep all the windows closed.  

My July OMG goal will be to have a completed top. Not sure which one it will be. I may surprise myself. 
Blessings,
Chris

12 comments:

  1. Hello Chris. I have dubbed you "The Hostess" as you are constantly hosting someone at your home. They are lucky people!
    Your Macaron mystery looks all tidy and organized in its little bin. I wish you luck with it and your one monthly goal this month.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not sure how you keep track of all these comings and goings. I'd need a chart. Enjoy your company. Perhaps you can stitch while you visit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good Luck ... I look forward to watching your Macaron Mystery grow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! It must be wonderful to have family in and out so much! I miss that but with my family in Alberta or Mexico, it’s hard to get together now. Your Macaron Mystery fabrics are lovely. It will be fun to watch this one come together. I’m thinking I might need to start the new Mystery next month if I get finished some other projects. Thank you for linking with To Do Tuesday. Hope your weather is more seasonal and you have time to sew now that the long weekend is over 😉 Carol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lots of comings and goings - what fun! Hope you get a small window to sew. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. You sure are having lots of family fun .
    Good luck with your #1 and flimsy.
    Maria lifeontheblock.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't imagine so many people in, out and about! I do hear you about enjoying having family around especially when you aren't cooking and babysitting! Best wishes on making progress on your goal! Finished tops are a good goal. --TerryK@OnGoingProjects

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lots of company. I had to look back to see which one was the Macaron mystery. I did finish that one and recently gave it away. I still need to quilt the Melodic mystery. I hope you're able to find some sewing time for whichever project brings you the most joy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Funny what we find in unexpected places.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well done on finding all the pieces, that's a good start...I'd be counting that as progress...especially with all your hostessing...

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's sounding like you are very well organized which is a great thing with how busy you are and loving every minute of it. Good luck on your progress this month. I'm sure the visitors will love to see all your progress as well.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my, that is a lot of visitors! Good thing you don't need to cook for them all. Enjoy your family time.

    ReplyDelete