Pages

Monday, August 12, 2024

August Chookshed Challenge and To-Do List

The number for August for the Chookshed Challenge was # 3 the EPP and permission to start a new project. But I don't want to do that just yet so will focus on the Summer 2021 QAL Mystery. I started no less than 3 new quilts that summer. I abandoned the Poppy's Garden for now since I did not like how it was looking from the getgo. The Macaron Mystery I have been working on in fits and starts this summer.  

The plan for now is to get the Summer QAL to a flimsy. All the blocks have been neatly piled together all this time. I will add a white border, since I already have the strips cut.

 And I may add a beigey border after that. It will finish a lap size but it will be finished. I hope. 


I have some quilting friends coming over throughout the week for a few days to do a Q@F Marathon. At least that is what I am calling it. 



I wrote up a To-Do at the beginning of the month and each week I keep changing the date since I have not checked off many of the boxes. This is what it looks like today:

  1. Weeds - clean the peonie bed. 
  2. Blog Post - doing it now. Wrote up a whole other post and it disappeared so I will have to try to remember what I wrote and do it again. It has to do with moving pictures.
  3. Geraniums - deadhead - there are about 20 that I over wintered and have in flower pots around the house. I like doing it this way since I can move them around. 
  4. Summer QAL - get to a flimsy.
  5. Macaron Mystery - got the flying geese units squared up so now to sew them into couplets. 
  6. Ella - cut setting triangels - figure out just what size to cut them.
  7. Write Your Story Prep - going to start a new small group this fall with an all day workshop so need to get all the prep work done.
  8. Get the SonRoom ready for my quilting friends to come and play. 

That's enough for this week. Now to get moving. 
Blessings,
Chris

linking with - smallquiltsanddollquilts.design-wall-monday 

quiltschmilt./to-do-tuesday-linky-party

sugarlane-designs.sign-up-for-fnsi.

12 comments:

  1. I really love the quilt top you completed. Bravo!! Your outside list sounds like mine...heavy on the weeding part!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Macaron mystery quilt is lovely! Hope you can get it finished, happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Summer QAL mystery is coming together. I have years where I started a lot and am still trying to finish up all those starts. Good luck with moving your starts to finishes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A quilt at the farm marathon sounds good. We'll look forward to some progress shots.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A quilting marathon sounds like fun time at the farm.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have a great get together with guests this week! I can easily imagine being there with you all. Instead I will be starting school.
    It is super smart to not start something new if you want to finish old.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Inquiring minds are wondering if the Summer Mystery quilt will have that green for the binding? I think it would set it off beautifully. Have fun with your friends.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your quilt top is lovely! I would love to have to weed a peony bed - lol - I miss them so much. We had them in northeastern Oklahoma when I was a kid. Hope you are having a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your quilt! I started one similar called Scrappy Stars but I've made one block so far! I need to set goals like you for crafting. I do for cleaning but then never get to the crafting I want to do, especially sewing. I've decided that weekends are for sewing and quilting. Good job on your goals!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Poppys Garden is lovely. Have fun at your quilting marathon.

    ReplyDelete
  11. the quilt looks great - an at home retreat sounds terrific.

    ReplyDelete