Leanne at Devoted Quilter is again hosting a let's finish up some projects challenge this fall. I do want to finish some projects. I have been half-heartedly working a variety of quilts this past year. No completions, but progress. Part of my problem (I have a few) is that I get bored with the same old same old. Dying to start something new. And I have several options for new. But then I beat myself up mentally by trying to convince myself that I really should finish some before I start more. Anyone else play mind games like that?
I am really good at making lists. And checking them twice and thrice. But then I do the ADHD thing and totally forget all about the list and do anything else but what is on it.
There are really cool habit tracking charts she has made available for daily checking off progress. I love these! Tiny sewing machines this time.
Actually, I have a monthly habit tracking chart I colour in each time I write and each time I do some sewing or stitching. I write more often than I stitch. I write by hand. On paper.
My To-Do Tuesday list includes:
- Write up a to do list.
- Check it twice to make sure it has on it what I really want to do.
- Begin a realistic list for the WIPS-B-GONE for Oct and Nov.
- Check it twice to make sure it has on it what I really want to do.
- Clear away some of the sewing clutter I have brought into the SonRoom.
- Leave only the things I really want to use in the coming weeks.
I will be hosting the women's small group that I had been leading for several years. I have passed the baton to one of my girls who is going to be leading a Bible study called Broken Crayons Still Color by Shelly Hitz. I will be leading a couple of Writing Workshops this fall to encourage women to begin writing their stories. I am so excited about this.
It is that time of year for our local fall fair. The fairgrounds are 2 miles south of here on the same road we live on. Problem is, Northbound traffic has been closed for several months as they are creating not 1 but 2 round-abouts on the bridge over the local expressway. This makes for so many fewer trucks and other vehuicles. But it is awkward to get anywhere and then get back. This is only one of several road closures around here for construction. We have this saying here in Canada. We have 4 seasons. Almost winter. Winter. Still winter. And road construction.
Have a great week.
Blessings,
Chris
linking with: smallquiltsanddollquilts.design-wall-monday
ha ha ha 4 seasons! one way i have lessened the boredom issue is to make smaller quilts...don't get a chance to get bored with a pattern...i know i know there are so many beautiful big quilt patterns out there, but too many UFOs stress me out and i am into peace and enjoyment of my quilting...just my 2 cents...in maine the true indicator of spring is orange cones...LOL
ReplyDelete