I like joining in group parties. I like the being in the group idea. I like making lists and planning ahead. I like checking off completed tasks on my to-do lists. I like anticipating the number chosen for the month. I like downloading the newest pattern for the block of the month. Problem is, I don't often do the do on the list. Life has me slowed down at my tender age of 72. When did that happen? Arthritic pain in my hands has limited my hand stitching over the past few years. As well as using those wonder clips. I do like my seams to match.
Here is my list of "specific" quilting goals for the 2025 Chookshed Challenge. We choose 10 projects to work on throughout the year. Each month a number will be drawn to suggest which one to focus on for that month.
So here goes:
1. Something With Embroidery - There are options. I just don't yet know what they will be.
2. Foundation Piecing - Lots to choose from.
3. Machine Applique - Oh yes. Please!
4. Machine Piecing - Several possible projects.
5. Start a New Quilt - I have several project boxes loaded and ready to go.
6. Fast New Quilt - I have lots of pre-cuts.
7. Assemble a Flimsy - Is this even possible?
8. Random - Rummage through the ufo bins and choose one to play with.
9. Hand Applique - Still have a few prepped in a box somewhere
10. EPP - Any thing - start something new or work on a ufo.
This should keep me out of mischief and focused for the coming year.
Blessings,
Chris
I love the possibilities in your list! You are so clever. My list will have some not so "specific" things this year as well.
ReplyDeleteHi Chris--I totally get what you are saying and your planning for the New Year!!
ReplyDeleteAt 81 my arthritis has stopped me from doing any handwork--and minimal rotary work or using scissors a lot [I saw some spring fed ones on Amazon from Fiskars that I may try out] . I am just not used to sitting without something to work on in my hands...but that's how it goes--everything does change...good luck with your list...hugs, Julierose
Love your list! I think you are going to rock this challenge! Hope you are enjoying family time this holiday season.
ReplyDeleteyour list is ambitious like mine...but it's all in fun and some things actually get done...glad to have you!
ReplyDeleteGood luck and enjoy your year. xx
ReplyDeleteGood luck, I'll enjoy seeing progress on these.
ReplyDeleteThat's a great list!
ReplyDeleteThat looks like a great list to work on Chris.. enjoy!
ReplyDeleteI do like your goals. It is a great approach, giving lots of flexibility.
ReplyDelete