Pages

Monday, May 5, 2025

New Leader Ender Projects


Omigosh by Sue Garman. I first saw this pattern at a quilt show more than 20 years ago. I wanted to make one. But then, I wanted to make one of everything I saw. Years ago, I found the pattern at Come Quilt but could not bring  myself to pay more for shipping than the whole pattern. Recently, I discovered the digital download.

During my surgery recovery I spent a lot of time reading. I read through several patterns. Complicated ones. I had to figure out the underlying pattern and understand the step by step process. Then, I had to decide what colourway I want to make this. That should have been easy - scrappy. But scrappy what? brights? reproductions? white background or cream background? Solids or prints? Do I follow the RSC colours? It all makes sense, sort of. 

My brain will not allow me to mix modern brights with muted repros. Even mixing solids and prints has me hesitating. I know. I don't have enough to do. 


Trail Mix. This is another scrappy pattern that will be great as a leader ender project. This one does not have a designated background. This may make it easier to decide on colours. I saw Gail's when I visited her last fall in Kansas City.                              Trail Mix free download  
I took time to read the pattern to figure it out also. Now, which one do I start on? Whichever one, I will have to take time to precut a lot of strips and pieces and do some organizing. Then there is what colour thread do I use? Probably cream will work for both. However, I am working on 2 fast precut quilts with shiny white backgrounds. Not posted about them yet. 

My right hand is paining so much less and I find myself typing so easily now. I even hunted up the weed digger tool and dug some weeds today.  

blessings,

Chris

5 comments:

  1. I think Trail Mix looks like a fun quilt to piece and make, I'd go with that one first. It's on my someday list. Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are both great patterns. I made Trail Mix during Covid and found it was a great way to use up odds and ends as well as some fabrics that just didn’t work in anything. I worked on Bonnie Hunter’s premise that if it is still ugly it is not cut small enough. Mine is square, so a bit smaller. Have fun with whichever you choose.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both are great scrap busters. Like Janice I have also made Trail Mix and even some different colour/design fabrics all worked in it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. lots of tantalizing choices in recent blogs.....any one would be a delight....

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just love this quilt, Janis made one and I have dreamed of it ever since .

    ReplyDelete