Pages

Thursday, June 19, 2025

And Sew it Begins - Stonefields

Today I made the first cut on Stonefields. I have a huge pile of fabric set aside for this project. Maybe too much. Do I want it to be matchy-matchy or all out scrappy? No. Definetly not scrappy. I over think things and end up hesitating for years before beginning. I trimmed the pattern sheets to fit into our north american letter sized binder and punched holes. 

I read through the directions again. Did that back in early May when Rebecca said she was planning to start. This pattern is not for beginners as a lot of the techniques are assumed. Just the way I like it. This way I can figure things out for myself. 

My palette is soft florals and perhaps some solids. I have several in the bin of endless options. I decided to start by cutting out a lot of 3/4 inch hexies for the rosettes that frame the quilt with an incredible border. I figure that I can make some every month so not to have them all to do at the end. And there will be an end. I am planning to work on this for a year. At least that is what I am telling myself this month. 


I have a whole week with just me and my Sweetie before grand children and houseguest start arriving for the summer. I wonder what mischeif I can get into? Linking with Finished or Not Friday and Off the Wall Friday and Quilting Patchwork Applique and Design Wall Monday 

Blessings,

Chris

14 comments:

  1. Have fun. I was looking at the pattern and you have quite a lot of blocks to choose from.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have fun with Stonefields! I'll get to it eventually.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello...your previous post is such good advice from Jennie (love her posts). I too have the need to slow down and have been. Time to enjoy time. Looking forward to seeing the project progress.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It will be handy to have those hexies ready when visitors arrive - you may be able to sneak some sewing in .

    Good luck with making this quilt - you just need to start I think.

    ReplyDelete
  5. sounds fun - and I would always love to have too much fabric than not enough ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great plan not to save all the hexies until the end. I'm impressed you have organized the pattern into a binder.

    ReplyDelete
  7. lovely fabrics and a variety of techniques so should keep your interest...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good to have the hexies done ready to stitch .
    Enjoy your free week before the visitors arrive.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooohh have fun with Stonefields, looking forward to seeing your blocks...good idea to work on the hexies from the start...

    ReplyDelete
  10. So wise to work on this project with a friend! I too look forward to watching your progress!--TerryK@OnGoingProjects

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm looking forward to seeing the completed quilt.
    Deb Thuman

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sounds like a fun project. It will be interesting to see it coming together.

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's a beautiful pattern, it's going to be fun to sew along! You look well organised, and with a lot of pretty floral fabrics to choose from. Thank you for sharing and linking up, and have fun!

    ReplyDelete