My Chookshed Challenge for Sept is Machine Applique. This is timely. I have about 100 hexie flowers to assemble for Stonefields. I am doing them by maxhine. I have many hexies prepped and ready to sew together for the border. I am starting at the other end of this quilt. Not sure why other than I can. I actually have a lot done so far. I am impressed with my productivity. Now to keep the momentum going.
There are only 46 more flying geese to make for this border. I think I have most of the coloured bars cut out just need to cut more background squares. This will be my OMG goal for Sept. I am doing the sew and flip method. I like it. I will have a lot of 3/4 inch HST eventually for something mini.
Devan and I are using them for leader enders. She is progressing with her Jelly Roll quilt. I will show pictures when her flimsy is ready. I am looking forward to that since she is using the big design wall and I want to put up all the Stonefields blocks and borders as I complete them.
I am working on prepared edge applique. The one using starch and a brush and a hot iron. Not sure if I like it, but I will have lots of practice now that I have started. No hand applique for me for now.
Check out on how Gretchen and Rebecca are doing. We are all making this quilt at the same time. I love that about this project. I am so inspired by their progress.
Blessings,
Chris
linking with alyciaquilts-finished-or-not.
I think you need another design board :). Great progress for you both.
ReplyDeleteI have 2. One is 96x96 and the other is 60x48. Then there is having a wall to put it on.
Deleteyou are making great progress - it certainly helps to get motivation from fellow sewers.
ReplyDeleteLook at you, cruising through those hexies and flying geese like the champion you are!!! I love it! And I love to see you utilizing your sewing machine as much as possible, too. Your hexie rosettes look so delicious that I could just gobble them up. You're sewing them with a zigzag stitch, right? With invisible monofilament thread or with a regular lightweight hand sewing thread? I am torn between following directions in order in the pattern (to eliminate the time I would waste vacillation between various possibilities of What Should I do Next?) vs working on those borders now so they don't loom so formidably once all the blocks are finished. I have very little EPP experience but I have my papers and my little window templates and instructions... Had thought I might stitch the hexie rosettes together by hand but then stitch them to the borders by machine. We'll see. Meanwhile the first blocks for Month Two have those itty bitty 3/8" hexie rosettes in their center and I am determined to make them in that size. Wish me luck!
ReplyDeleteLooking forward to seeing more progress on this one. You are using such pretty fabrics.
ReplyDeleteLovely fabrics you're using and look forward to your progress with your project.
ReplyDeletelove seeing the progress on this...
ReplyDeleteGood luck with your goal. I'm enjoying watching the three of you work through this quilt.
ReplyDeleteWow! You are making wonderful progress! Keep it up!--TerryK@OnGoingProjects
ReplyDeletethat is great progress!!!!
ReplyDelete