Pages

Wednesday, December 31, 2025

Chookshed Challenge 2026

What I really want to do is start 10 new quilts. I have at least that many kits I have put together over the years waiting at the start gate. I wonder?   And y'all know I do not start tiny quilts. The Chookshed Challenge is simple. Choose 10 projects to work on monthly through the year. Make a list.  A random number is chosen each month. Then work on whatever you want. Or change it. I like the idea. No rules. Just fun. And maybe even create a few more ufo's. Becasue we can never have too many unfinished projects. Every time I write up a list of ufo's to work on, I pick up something not on the list. 

This is my non specific specific list for 2026:

1. Start a new quilt

2. Work on an old quilt

3. Start a new quilt.

4. Work on something on the list.

5. Start a new quilt.   

6. Work on something not on the list.

7. Start a new quilt.

8. Complete a quilt. Anyone I want.

9. Start a new quilt.

10. Pre-wash some fabric for a new quilt start.

Gosh, I hope January's number is for a new quilt start so I can start one for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge. I have 2 or 3 contenders. 

Blessings,

Chris

12 comments:

  1. You made me chuckle ….. I like
    your list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your list--and I say why not just quilt for fun and what really brings you joy...
    Hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks like a 50/50 chance you'll be starting a new quilt ... love your list.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great list.. I don't seem to have my head pace to even think of making a list.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a good list, it will be fun to see what progress you make. And look a brand new start for January.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cutest and most realistic list EVER! This post makes me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your list, Chris! You make me want to make a list like that too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's a great list! In your spare time why don't you start a new quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I read this twice and finally was laughing so hard that my husband wondered what was so funny. I read it to him, and he said "at least she's honest!" My list will look a lot like yours!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your list. It sounds like the unofficial list I would make in my head, while having an official list on paper. Good on you for putting it in words!!

    ReplyDelete