My Chookshed Challenge was to work on something not on my list. I spent a good amount of time with Stonefields this month.
I started machine appliqueing on the hexie flowers. Since the glue I used will never come off, it has been easy to manipulate everything around and through the opening.
My OMG challenge was to make progress on Tumbling Blocks. I started connecting the units together to make horizontal rows. After I got 2 rows made, I sewed those together. I am sewing through the EPP papers. Crazy, I know. They do not fold over easily to run through the opening on the Bernina. I can switch to using the Jazz, which has 12 generous inches, but it is upstairs and there are a gzillion things piled on the glass table beside it.
I am now using a size 90 needle instead the 80. The bigger hole allows me to tear out the papers easily.
I have been cutting small pieces for Omigosh and more for Wensleydale.
The nights are cooler these days of late August. I heard a cricket the other day and saw some crows. These are signs of autumn coming soon. We had been having lots of rain. Too bad we cannot share it with other parts of the country that are so dry.
I read a very interesting novel called The Little Old Lady Who Broke All the Rules. A totally ridiculous who-dunnit starring a bunch of geriatric residents of a nursing home in Sweden.
We are all checked in for our trip to Alaska. The temperature in Skagway next week will be 9 C or 48 F and rain. Low of 5 C or 41 F at night. And that is why we are taking our winter coats. I have not yet started to pack, but I do have a Go-Bag on standby with tavel documents, earbuds, neck pillow, etc. Too bad I broke my MP3 player. It had 6 hours of my fav travel music.
Blessings,
Chris
linking with: Small Quilts and Doll Quilts: Design Wall Monday - August 24, 2026
Lovely to see progress.
ReplyDeleteWell done. The tumbling blocks look like gems to me. Enjoy your vacation.
ReplyDeleteGood to have some progress on your lovely projects.
ReplyDeletelove the colors in the blocks...you made good progress i'd say...enjoy the trip!
ReplyDeleteIt's so exciting to see your flying geese and hexie rosettes coming together for your borders! I'm on a Stonefields "break" right now but looking forward to getting back to it soon.
ReplyDeleteI love to see your progress on Stonefields. You and Rebecca are keeping me going on mine. I am so tempted by Wensleydale. There's a whole Facebook group full of inspiration, so I might order the papers and start that. I don't think we can have too many projects, can we?
ReplyDelete