Pages

Monday, August 18, 2014

Quilting Proteges

I got to spend a delightful evening babysitting my amazing little girl grand babies. Only they are not so little any more. I was getting a bottle for 15 month old Devan and gave almost 7 year old Ava instructions about pinning the coloured fabric scraps onto the background square for 2 1/2 year old Elly to un-pin. Simple instructs, or so I thought. Ten minutes later I come down after putting the baby to bed, who by the way, went without a single peep. Ava found the scissors in my other bag and proceeded to trim the loose threads off the fabric scraps.


 Elly was very happy to participate and started laying out pieces onto the background square. So far, so good. Then Gramma decided to open out the square to give Elly more room for her creativity.



And that is when I discovered that Ava was trying to cut some grass onto the background square. Oops.




Blessings,
Gramma Kiss



2 comments:

  1. I love how you include your granddaughters in your quilting fun! I am sure they will always remember these moments with you! I have learned that kids enjoy and also remember those quiet peaceful moments of free creativity with loved ones and it gives them so much security in knowing that you appreciate them in your life!
    Leanne O.

    ReplyDelete
  2. maybe you can teach your boys to quilt

    ReplyDelete