Pages

Thursday, November 6, 2014

Home Again Finally

I have been home for exactly 22 hours and have run a gzillion errands, got in 2 loads laundry, a waterfit workout, pedicure and hugs to all the little girl grand children, ate 3 Tim Horton donuts and caught up on emails. Tomorrow I start back to the reality of life and, after a 90 minute massage, I have to (ugh) cook dinner and do some house work since the cleaning lady has not been here for the 5 weeks that I was away and just left for 3 weeks in Spain. Actually, the place doesn't look too bad since my Sweet Husband kept things pretty tidy. I haven't done any housework or cooking in 5 weeks. Sigh. Although I have done lots of dishes.

I dropped in to see the girls after school tonight and 18 month old Devan met me first and called me muma. I corrected her pronunciation of Gramma. Then 2 1/2 year old Elly came running and told me to come with her she has something to show me upstairs and off she ran calling me to turn on her bedroom light. And Ava, who is turning 7 on Saturday got in her hugs and asked if I brought my "bag" with me so we could pull out the fabric. I had not brought the bag since I was not babysitting, just loving on them tonight. I will be taking the bag with me tomorrow night to share time with them before putting them all to bed.

Mom was at night school and Dad was making supper and the girls were competing to see who could make the most noise. Little Devan's shrieks won since her 2 older sisters set the bar pretty high for her to imitate them. Finally their dad, my only son, raised his voice over theirs and informed them that he was the only one allowed to shout since he was the boss. It was awesome. Something about they all wanted me to sit by them as they were colouring, except Devan who was eating the marker. And she pushed a chair up to the counter so she could reach a water bottle that she called applejuice and asked to get up on my lap, then spilled some water and got down and reached, reached, reached really high to get the wash cloth off the drainboard and proceeded to wipe up the floor 2 feet away from the spill. Have I ever mentioned that all 3 of  my granddaughters are a bit OCD? Sh . . .don't tell them . . . they don't know yet.
 
I got to spend 12 days with my 5  month old grandson who, by the way, cut his first tooth yesterday before I left to fly home. And we bought tickets for them to fly out here for my husband's family Christmas dinner which we are hosting this year on Nov 29 the Saturday of the American Thanksgiving weekend. We started this new tradition a few years ago on the suggestion of his brother who moved his family to New York 20 years ago and now all his kids and grand kids are American citizens and they all have a 4 day weekend so can come and spend time with the ever growing family (there are now 16 great-grandchildren 7 and under). We meet on the Saturday at noon in the local church hall that great-grandma books each year. Good thing I remembered to ask her to book it since I have not yet sent out invitations. That will on the to do list for tomorrow somewhere between liver for lunch and babysitting. 

Now I've been home 23 1/2  hours and not done a single stitch on any of the quilts and its time for bed.
Blessings,
Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment