When I travel, I take along my net book to use to keep in touch and to write. I did get some writing done for my present course which is called "Equipping Saints to Counsel". I took 2 textbooks and completed one report. This is progress. One of the hindrances of using this net book is making blog posts. I have difficulty downloading photos off my camera. Sometimes it will download all 735 each time. Other times it ignores my instructions and does nothing. So here we are. I finally got the pictures on this post but cannot write anything beside them.
Last week I was home long enough to do my laundry, make one Dear Jane block with pictures and have a wisdom tooth pulled when my daughter phoned with that pleading voice that a mother cannot ignore, "I'm going to be home alone with the baby all next week. There is a 2 o'clock flight. We can pick you up. Can you come visit?"
My internet had been out the 2 days I was home but it miraculously kicked in long enough for me to book that 2 o'clock flight and here I am. Home alone at my daughter's while she and baby are in the city for the day. The sun is shining brightly and I have Dear Jane stuff spread all over the table and the batteries in my camera died, so no pictures for now. Sigh.
But I have been able to snuggle my grandson every day. He is 4 1/2 months old and has been rolling over for a few weeks now.
Blessings,
Chris
You've been quite the rolling stone, Chris! But I'm sure it's been wonderful to connect with everyone. I really like those first yellow buds. It looks like there may be more to come on that block -- looks promising! I love all the oak leaves, too. I've been admiring oak leaves everywhere, recently, but they look tricky!
ReplyDeleteThere will be a bowl . . . probably green and red . . . but I forgot to bring the pattern with me.
DeleteThose oak leaves were quite simple after all the needle turn I have been doing on CCCQ. Its working on all the inny points on CCCQ that has built up my skill and confidence. Also, I cannot believe how many stitches to the inch I am doing now without fuss. What does have me scratching my head is how I am going to do the flowers on this block, Stay tuned.
DeleteMy grandson is 5 months old - I love visiting, can't get there often enough. Thank you for the link on my blog, love to see your work.
ReplyDeletethose are lovely applique Chris! It's wonderful to be able to drop everything and fly to your daughter's side. Getting to spend time with your grandson is priceless!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful work on the applique!
ReplyDelete