Pages

Wednesday, December 17, 2014

I Won the Bag

Gay at sentimental stitches  offered this bag as a draw prize after being at the big Houston Quilt Festival this fall. I won and love it. I discovered her website Dec 30, 2012 and joined in the fun as they started the just takes 2 red and white sampler quilt BOM 2 days later with no less than 6 blocks. It was a response to the Red and White Quilt show in New York a few years ago.


I decided to make mine from fabric in my cupboard and used many different Jinny Beyer Pallet colours on a plain white background. I still have a few blocks to go. Some of them are patterns I had never seen before and techniques that were new to me. When completed there will be 100 blocks in varying sizes.

Serendipity
I might put this on my 2015 goals list. Or I might pull it out, lay it on the bed, gloat about it a bit them fold it up and put it back it its box for another year. After all, there will be lots of time after I complete the biggest goal for the year and that is completing my doctorate.

Blessings,
Chris


2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on winning the bag - a nice Christmas present for you! I love your colourful Takes Two quilt, it sure looks like a very difficult quilt to sew. All the best for attaining your doctorate in 2015.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a fun project to work on. Because it was a BOM, I got a set of patterns twice a month and made the blocks as a reward for getting my homework done each day, since I was in the final semester of m y masters. I had to be really organized since I was taking 3 courses and had a gzillion pages to read and write. the reward system worked until I got stuck on one block and had to put it all aside to finish the race. After that I got lazy and and less motivated so did not complete it. I had neglected Dear Jane all that time. It was an amazing project where I got to make a lot of new blocks, I love samplers. There are about a dozen blocks to finish, but a couple of them are real doozies. Like a pickle dish and a radiant star. I might put it on my 2015 goals list.

      Delete