Pages

Thursday, December 24, 2015

Merry Christmas to Everyone

It is a beautiful, warm sunny day here in Southern Ontario Canada. It should be a day filled with snow flakes and ice cycles, but I won't complain. The daycare was closed this week so two little girls came to the farm for 5 days and nights of sleepovers. I spent most of those days sitting on the edge of the bathtub encouraging them sitting and performing successfully on the toilet and watching both of them ( a bit? OCD) washing their hands and shushing them to sleep each nap and night. They are both early risers so we went out to the barn each morning to see how we could help Grampa. And we watched Charlotte's Web, not once but several times each day. Chin up chin up Everyone loves a happy face!

I had a wonderful trip to England to visit my sister. We took the train into London one day to visit the Victoria and Albert Museum. Since I was careless and left my camera on the plane, I bought a new one so I could take lots of pictures at the V&A. I did take lots of pictures but cannot seem to upload any here so I will have to wait and do a proper post later. Speaking of  new camera, Elly was taking pictures last week and broke it. Good thing all the photos are in my computer. Good thing I bought the cheaper one.
I wrote a poem today. Don't get too excited. I don't do it that often.

'Twas the night before Christmas
And all through the house
Not a creature was stirring
Not even a mouse
But lets not overreact

After 5 days and nights
All the grand kids have gone home
Tomorrow Grampa will be on a plane
Thus leaving Gramma home all alone
And this is a fact

And on her book she will have
Five whole quiet days
In order to complete the last
And final editing phase
Then everyone will come back!

Merry Christmas to All
And to all a good night!
Blessinigs,
Chris


4 comments:

  1. We enjoy the 'guests' when they come but the quiet after they leave is just as enjoyable. Our guests have all come and gone. Today for Christmas, we are feasting on leftovers! Merry Christmas, Gretchen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the leftovers also and the quiet after the storm. Our son forgot the turkey on the BBQ while the gifts were being opened so he ended up BBQing steaks.
      Blessings,
      Chris

      Delete
  2. Wishing you and yours a very Merry Christmas... And a Happy New Year, Chris!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you
      Like many others, I am looking at my calendar for 2016 and setting some goals.

      Delete