Each year at this time I take a look at what I have accomplished in the previous year and look ahead to the coming year with great anticipation of what I would like to complete. Being a bit ADHD, I tend to dream BIG or not at all. Its All or Nothing. Feast or Famine. When will I learn to balance some of the things I am doing and some of the things I want to do? I do not handle accountability well. Well, I don't really try and avoid committing to stuff or volunteering in case I forget or don't have time or just don't want to do it. But I ramble.
I have been away from home 9 times in the past year. Three times to visit my daughter, Australia's AQC, overnight with all 3 of my sisters, Bennington Vermont, Shipshewana, Indiana, England and Poland. And even a 4 day business trip with my husband to Holmes County PA. Next week I fly out to my daughter's for 3 weeks as we await the birth of her second baby. And I am planning a ministry trip to India possibly in March. Most times when I travel, I take along several prepared applique blocks to work on in those little moments and I have gotten a lot of blocks done this way. That and a text book or two for the self-paced on-line doctorate I am working on. It has no deadlines so I am moving very slowly.
One of the biggest personal goals for the year is to finally realize the 30 year dream of having my first book published. I completed the edit revisions today and will re-submit it as soon as I figure out how to attach the file using Windows 10. Need I say more?
I completed and quilted and gifted my CCCQ quilt. That is occasion for applause! Now to do it again with at least one more this year. My quilting focus for the past 2 years has been hand appliqueing sampler blocks for several quilts and machine appliqueing for others. So-a lot of blocks. Time to get some of them completed and quilted.
So goals for 2016
1. Publish my book.
2. Complete at least 1 of my big applique quilts, quilt it and bind it. I choose Ben Biggs.
3. Quilt my Dear Jane Quilt and bind it with narrow binding on all those scallops.
4. Lose the 22 lb I did not last year with my goal of losing 40.
5. Have fun more often.
6. Spend more time with the grand kids.
7. Laugh more.
8. Sing louder.
9. Buy less new fabric.
10. Do the 40-bags-in-40-days challenge for Lent.
11. Design a layout for each of the three $10 quilts and complete them.
12. Complete coursework for doctorate. Then the dissertation, but I will need some goals for 2017.
Blessings,
Chris
Wishing you all the best for reaching your goals in 2016.
ReplyDeleteThanks Carole. I might surprise myself. I wanted to put finish 12 quilts on the list but that's what I plan to do this week - not.
DeleteYes....go for it girl. (I'm an all or nothing gal too...so i get it) SMILES and happy new year!
ReplyDeleteI ordered some fabric yesterday so that will not count for 2016. Happy hew Year to you also.
DeleteWow! An amazing list of goals for 2016.
ReplyDeleteusually when I start a goals list I get carried away and have enough projects for 10 years. But without a plan we do not accomplish much do we.
DeleteGood luck with your goals! What are the 3 - $10 quilts, I must have missed something somewhere. Glad you got your manuscript ready to send back to the publisher. Have a Happy New Year and may all your calves be heifers in 2016!
ReplyDeletethanks. I will do an entire post on $10 quilts in Feb when I have time and a camera that works and internet that uploads photos.
DeleteThe publishers could not open the document I sent because i forgot to turn of the track changes.
That's an ambitious list, but they tell us at work to stretch ourselves. Good luck with all your adventures in 2016.
ReplyDeleteThank you. You should have seen what I wanted to put on the list did not.
DeleteOMG a dissertation and all that! Good luck! You have a wonderful well balanced list that made me smile :)
ReplyDeleteSmile is good. The dissertation will be next year. but I can wait.
Delete