Last week I finally and completely finished GORF after I got home from India
I attached the binding. That was simple. I did it throughout the day when I did my India blog post and uploaded photos for hours it seemed right in the middle of my jet lag recovery. We called the bride and groom and invited them over to pick up their wedding present. I will post pictures when they do. Should be simple. I hope.
So this brings my total completed blocks to 11 with a whole bunch in process. I am hoping to complete at least 5 of these this month. In the meantime, I am packing up my project boxes for the Shipshewana Quilt Retreat next week. And I promise that I will only start 1 new quilt. If all goes well, I might even complete it at the retreat. We shall see. I am taking 2 workshops with Linda Collins from Quilts in the Barn in Australia and she will have copies of her new book. I can hardly wait. I will be taking about 15 Dear Jane 2 blocks to work on. They will all be foundation pieced. And I will be taking a few BTCT blocks.
Blessings,
Chris
I attached the binding. That was simple. I did it throughout the day when I did my India blog post and uploaded photos for hours it seemed right in the middle of my jet lag recovery. We called the bride and groom and invited them over to pick up their wedding present. I will post pictures when they do. Should be simple. I hope.
I stitched the leaves and wreath on this block in India then did the circles after I got home.
This is another I prepped and took to India and did some more work and preparation last week.
I started this one by drawing the design on the back of the background block.
The stems are all done by back basting.
Another block started. I am valiantly trying to complete a couple of courses for school but must have some hand work to turn to. Well, I have done more handwork than school work.
I had not touched this block since last winter but did get the fruit and some of the leaves done in India. The bowl was stitched on at home. I still have to do a bit of reverse applique on the bottom of the bowl. And the bottom of the bowl is in line with the edge of the block. It really is. I still have most of the grapes to stitch on, a few more leaves and some embroidery on the cherries.
This block I started 2 years ago but could not decide what colour to do the bowl. I stitched the center of the bowl purple a year ago but am just now adding the light red fringe. The bottom fringe has to be redone so it extends to the edge of the bowl.
Another block I did 2 years ago but now have the bowl and the fringe stitched on.
So this brings my total completed blocks to 11 with a whole bunch in process. I am hoping to complete at least 5 of these this month. In the meantime, I am packing up my project boxes for the Shipshewana Quilt Retreat next week. And I promise that I will only start 1 new quilt. If all goes well, I might even complete it at the retreat. We shall see. I am taking 2 workshops with Linda Collins from Quilts in the Barn in Australia and she will have copies of her new book. I can hardly wait. I will be taking about 15 Dear Jane 2 blocks to work on. They will all be foundation pieced. And I will be taking a few BTCT blocks.
Blessings,
Chris
I enjoyed seeing your Beyond the Cherry Trees blocks. I need to get back to mine. I think I have a block close to be ready to stitch.
ReplyDeleteThanks Karen. I got tired of the double pink and lime green on the 1957 blocks so returning to the BTCT is like a vacation. the blocks are working up so quickly.
DeleteWow, what a lovely collection of blocks. The bowl edges look v nice, that wiggly edge looks tricky!I've just looked up that book and Linda Collins. Looks like you are set to have a wonderful inspiring trip. I am also a serial quilt starter! Looking forward to seeing what you stitch. I'm flying from UK on Sunday, where I live to Waverley in Iowa where I may be going to live so I hope to meet some stitching ladies next week. Lovely sewing, Chris.
ReplyDeleteThanks Lou. I was in Iowa once. Problem is you have to drive through Chicago to get there. Now there is a story I can finally laugh about after 16 years. I did the fringe on the top of the purple basket, but the basket shifted a bit and has a big pucker. Not sure what i will do with that. Maybe it will quilt out. I plan to hand quilt this thing.
DeleteBeautiful work Chris!!!!
ReplyDeletethanks Marjorie. I am almost getting ready to settle in for the winter,. One retreat in Indiana then staying put until spring.
DeleteLove seeing the new Cherry Tree blocks - congrats on your progress - they are all lovely!
ReplyDeletethank you. I am happy to be working on this quilt again.
DeleteI love all the details in these blocks! Happy slow stitching to you!
ReplyDeleteThanks. There will be even more details when I get the quilting patterns marked on each of the blocks.
DeleteWhat a great collection of blocks. A little stitching here and there really does add up. Love the perfect circles and leaves.
ReplyDeletethanks. I stitched the leaves and even did a few more of the grapes in the block with the read bowl.
DeleteOh Chris I really wanted to go to that retreat but finances did not allow it.
ReplyDeletePlease tell us all about it so we can enjoy it through you!
There are 3 of us going so we share the gas and hotel. Breakfast is included with our room and it is amazing!!!
DeleteI think I heard that what happens at retreat stays at retreat but I can post about what I am working on. I just finished cutting out a gzillion strips for one of Linda's workshops. For the other I am making just one block not starting yet another quilt. I will be working on several Dear Jane 2 blocks and 2-3 BTCT blocks are prepped and ready to go.