Two of the little girls were here for the weekend and we had a task to do. The little boys were here the week before and all, not some, but all the pieces of 8 different Disney puzzles got dumped out. So three year old Devan and I assembled puzzles while four year old Elly
watched Barbie movies on my desktop in the quilt room. Then Devan had to
watch Minion movies on the laptop so I pulled out a BTCT block to work
on. I put the headphones on Elly and both were happy.
We did finish all the puzzles then put them each into a separate baggie before Devan decided she had to do one of them again. She is good. She knows her Disney princesses and starts with the eyes and face then builds from there. Edges and corners are last. Ava turned nine and had a sleepover and spa party so the little sisters came to the farm. It was fun hearing them talk about their birthdays next year and they both plan to not invite their big sister.
My bags are packed for the Shipshewana Retreat in Indiana. Making a really, really big pot of homemade beef tomato rice soup. Should last my Sweet Farmer for a few days. That and the little boys will be here next week.
Blessings,
Chris
We did finish all the puzzles then put them each into a separate baggie before Devan decided she had to do one of them again. She is good. She knows her Disney princesses and starts with the eyes and face then builds from there. Edges and corners are last. Ava turned nine and had a sleepover and spa party so the little sisters came to the farm. It was fun hearing them talk about their birthdays next year and they both plan to not invite their big sister.
My bags are packed for the Shipshewana Retreat in Indiana. Making a really, really big pot of homemade beef tomato rice soup. Should last my Sweet Farmer for a few days. That and the little boys will be here next week.
Blessings,
Chris
Have fun at the retreat!!! I am just a little bit jealous!!! Sounds like your grandchildren had a great time at your house.
ReplyDeleteI will have a bit of extra fun just for you. promise
DeleteEnjoy the retreat Chris, how I loved going to them when I was much younger LOL Now I like my own bed to much to leave it!!! Hugs Glenda
ReplyDeleteI do like my own bed but I like a bit of adventure now that I am retired.
DeleteI have slept on trains and planes and on benches in airports.
I have learned to appreciate sleeping in different places even on the floor of a train in India.
I have been to Shipshewana once. Would love to attend a retreat but we live too far away. I am sure it will be a wonderful time for you.
ReplyDeleteIts 600 km from here so that is 6 hours of driving but we ole ladies will stop a few times.
DeleteEnjoy the retreat! :) My grands had puzzles out the other day as well!
ReplyDeleteYour block is off to a beautiful start.
ReplyDeleteHow wonderful to spend time with your grandchildren!
Wishing you a fabulous time at Retreat!
Linda Collins from Melbourne is going to be one of your tutors at Shipshewana. Her home is where I did my first show and tell with the Chester Criswell Quilt. Have a great time!
ReplyDeleteHad an absolutely wonderful time and 2 workshops with Linda were most excellent. I only started 1 new quilt.
Delete