Pages

Monday, January 16, 2017

Mid January Update

Has it really been 2 weeks since I last posted? Unfathomable! Life never gets dull when you are a grandmother. The little darlings have all been so generous and sharing sickness with each other and now, finally, Gramma has it.  No voice to sing with them but still can give lots of snuggles. I have made the 3 hour drive to my daughters 3 times now to help with the baby who is not quite sleeping through the night. Almost. But the rest have been sick everyone needs a bit of sleep.

It is mid January already. Where has the time gone? Oh yes. Snuggling little boys and babysitting little girls. Stitching away on Simple Simon. All 36 blocks are done and now to stay home long enough to sew them all together. And I had planned on being home for 4 weeks in a row. Not much appliqueing going on. I did complete the leaves and buds on one block and was pressing some green fabric to back baste the wreath around the leaves, and didn't I press the block and obliterate the frixion pen marking! I put everything in the project box and cleared away all the clutter in my quilt room for my Q@F friends to come over Saturday to quilt all day. I pulled some dill pickle soup out of the fridge for lunch. That messed up my whole30 clean eating program since it contained sour cream and butter (dairy) and flour. Not sure if I will start counting from Day 1 again or just carry on. I did notice that after 11 days of clean eating, I can close my right hand into a fist without pain. Nice! The left can close more than it used to, but not quite tight. Back to the program and no more cheating. 

Got home the other night to find an email from my publisher to tell me that I am a published author. Yay me! We are planning a book release event for mid  February after the first shipment of books arrives. I will have more information when I know what we are going to do. In the meantime, you can check it out at http://www.friesenpress.com/bookstore/title/119734000015785209.

I decided to join the Rainbow scrap challenge 2017 and work on my Bright Jane blocks in the designated monthly colours. January is purple.   

Blessings,
Chris


No comments:

Post a Comment