It is new Years Day and Sunday. I have been doing a bit of handwork on these BTCT blocks this weekend. I stitched those 8 single leaves sitting in the back seat of a van on the drive to Shipshewana back in November. Was that really so long ago?
The buds and leaves are done now to prep the not-so-round wreath. I will be doing it by back-basting.
It has been a month of visiting and having visitors. Our daughter and the boys left yesterday. My sister from China left this morning but not before we spent some time auditioning center layouts for one of my 17 for 2017. Pictures will come when I think I have figured out what I will do. Ava will be going home later today. I have been putting different quilts in progress up on the design wall to see how far I have come and what is next. I like to think of this as a stretching exercise as I step up and down the step stool and reach and pin and stretch and unpin then put away the blocks.
So what is next? I do not do New Years resolutions, but I have been waiting until this festive season is over and I will be home for nearly 4 weeks in a row. I have planned out a lot of things that I want to be doing. Some people say to make small changes in your life but I plan to do a whole bunch of changes at once. Kind of like when I went back to school and suddenly had to give up my leisure time and drive into town a couple of days a week and sit through lectures, read lots of books, write papers and do exams. Well, the exams are all done on my 5 courses, but still have to do several book reports and reflection papers. Focus. That is the key. Stay off the computer, at least the games and blogs and facebook. I have to use the computer to write my papers after all.
Also, I plan on doing another whole30 clean eating program. I did one 2 years ago and experienced significant changes in my health and movability. I start tomorrow. I will blog about it a bit.
So I am colour coding my daytimer and getting ready to take 2017 to a new level of achievement.
Blessings,
Chris
The buds and leaves are done now to prep the not-so-round wreath. I will be doing it by back-basting.
It has been a month of visiting and having visitors. Our daughter and the boys left yesterday. My sister from China left this morning but not before we spent some time auditioning center layouts for one of my 17 for 2017. Pictures will come when I think I have figured out what I will do. Ava will be going home later today. I have been putting different quilts in progress up on the design wall to see how far I have come and what is next. I like to think of this as a stretching exercise as I step up and down the step stool and reach and pin and stretch and unpin then put away the blocks.
So what is next? I do not do New Years resolutions, but I have been waiting until this festive season is over and I will be home for nearly 4 weeks in a row. I have planned out a lot of things that I want to be doing. Some people say to make small changes in your life but I plan to do a whole bunch of changes at once. Kind of like when I went back to school and suddenly had to give up my leisure time and drive into town a couple of days a week and sit through lectures, read lots of books, write papers and do exams. Well, the exams are all done on my 5 courses, but still have to do several book reports and reflection papers. Focus. That is the key. Stay off the computer, at least the games and blogs and facebook. I have to use the computer to write my papers after all.
Also, I plan on doing another whole30 clean eating program. I did one 2 years ago and experienced significant changes in my health and movability. I start tomorrow. I will blog about it a bit.
So I am colour coding my daytimer and getting ready to take 2017 to a new level of achievement.
Blessings,
Chris
I don't see how you can applique in a moving car without stabbing yourself but I guess if you can applique on a train, a car shouldn't be a problem. I only knit while in a moving vehicle. I hope you can accomplish a lot in your 4 weeks at home. Clean eating . . . I should probably do that too, maybe I will, after the Christmas cookies are gone! Blessings!
ReplyDeleteI planned it so that all the cookies, Turtles, caramel corn and pizza were all gone. I will do a couple of posts about the program soon. I was surprised that I could do the stitching. I had my suitcase under my right elbow and just one slow stitch after another on the expressways.
DeleteWonderful progress on your BTCT blocks! I commend your determination to applique' in the car. Wishing you success on all your changes these next 4 weeks and all your wonderful endeavors in 2017!
ReplyDeleteI chose the easy leaves so there was not fiddling with inny curves. I remembered Carol from Wheels on the Warrandyte Bus and some of the incredible hand work she has done on her commute.
DeleteThe first thing that happened this morning was a phone call then the arrival of an almost 5 year old for a sleepover.
Happy new year, Chris! There's something so uplifting about a fresh new year, isn't there? Good luck with all your new enterprises!
ReplyDeletethanks Monica. I finally moved a card table into the living room and took my applique box over there so I can stitch while watching TV with my Sweetie. No pins allowed so I am back basting.
DeleteLuckily I never got into games and facebook, but I do LOVE stitching and puzzles and can "waste" a lot of time doing that :)
ReplyDelete