Pages

Saturday, December 31, 2016

17 ufos in 2017

Here is a new linky party. I like Parties. This sounds like fun. Choose 17 UFO's (unfinished objects). Make a list and post it. Then work on each of these projects throughout the year.

"The idea is to SUBSTANTIALLY PROGRESS 17 projects over the year and if that means a finish along the way, well that’s a bonus!"  https://pomegranateandchintz.wordpress.com/17-ufos-in-2017/

I was not exactly planning on working on 17 of my unfinished quilts, but I have many more than that number to choose from. And I cannot list new projects I have not yet started. Okay. So here goes:
  1. Simple Simon - 2016
  2. Brown Crazy Patch - 1994
  3. $10 Civil War Blues - 2011
  4. Crazy patch  2002.
  5. $10 Civil War Stars - 2007
  6. Disappearing 4-Patch - 2015
  7. 1857 Album - 2016
  8. Dear Jane 2009-2014
  9. Serendipity - 2012
  10. Beyond the Cherry Trees - 2014
  11. Antique Wedding Sampler - 2015
  12. Shades of Pemberly - 2006
  13. Morrell - 2016
  14. Think of  Me Dear One - 2010
  15. Only2 - 2012 
  16. Bright Jane - 2014
  17. Ben Biggs - 2014
I plan to complete and quilt the first 7 on the list, begin to hand quilt Dear Jane and make some noticeable progress on the rest. Do you like my new helper putting blocks on the wall?

My omg-one-monthly-goal will be to complete Simple Simon since I did not quite finish it last month.

Blessings,
Chris

36 comments:

  1. You're going to quilt 8 quilts on your sewing machine? My wrists are aching from just quilting 3 little crib quilts on my sewing machine. Or are you going to rent the long arm at the quilt shop? Whatever you do, enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies


    1. I am going to practice on 3 that are almost done. I am not planning to rent time on the long arm at this point. A farming neighbour has one and has told me she would rent it out but they just sold the farm and are moving.

      Delete
  2. Enjoyed reading your post. I like the list. I have a giant dahlia from 1990 that I should put at the top of my list! Have a great new year and enjoy your quilting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nancy. I put the brown log cabin oldie on the list because it is already sandwiched and pinned ready to practice some machine quilting before I tackle some of the others. And I should have a lot of pins to reuse.

      Delete
  3. You have some wonderful quilts that you'll be working on this year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually took time to plot out each one of the 17 every 3 weeks on my daytimer. The plan is to address each one on its given day. It's a left-brain thing. Let's see if I follow through. But as you said, it's part of the game and there are many other quilters around the world challenged and delighted by just such a challenge.

      Delete
    2. Chris, aim for some utilitarian machine quilting at first after you've stitched all the block seams. You'll be amazed how quickly that goes and you'll be done! Best!

      Delete
    3. That is my intention with 3 of them. I started using rulers and need a lot of practice so the brown log cabin will be my start place.

      Delete
  4. As soon as I saw the Jane and Serendipity, I thought "move to the top of the "To Do" list, so close to done!". Love the helper and on a Jane (as someone who has yet to attempt one) that's got to be an advantage!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jane is done just needs to be quilted but I have priorities.
      I listed the quilts by priority and there will be 2 new starts in the next month that could not go on the list.
      Serendipity has a few challenging blocks to make yet but I want to progress on it a bit. It is the Just Takes 2 from Sentimental Stitches and Dear Jane form 2012.
      This is the first time that 4 year old Elly put blocks on the wall. It will not be the last.

      Delete
  5. There are lovely quilts on your list. Good luck with your Substantial Progress!! Such a cute little helper too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for offering the challenge. I am glad to have joined in at the beginning.

      Delete
  6. A beautiful list of quilts. I like the idea of pushing for progress, not just finishes. Good luck with your goal for January.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the idea of pushing for progress also. Now to get off the computer and progress. Wait. I have a 4 year old visiting today.

      Delete
  7. Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal. Can you please add the link to the linkup to your post? Which of these will be your goal for January? I love your dear jane.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oops . . . I forgot again. My OMG will be to complete Simple Simon.

      Delete
  8. lots of wonderful projects, I am glad you are joining the challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was easy to make the choices for a variety of reasons. I am a sucker for challenges.

      Delete
  9. Love your 17 quilts. Can't wait to see the progress!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I do not have photos of some of the but will take pictures of the journey with each quilt and post at 3 week intervals.

      Delete
  10. Love that 17 UFO's in 2017 challenge and plan to take part in it. Thanks for sharing about it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome. I am glad to have found it right at the beginning of the year, especially since I want to complete several UFOs this year.

      Delete
  11. Such great projects and goals you have. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks. I got great progress on Simple Simon yesterday and hope to complete the blocks today.

      Delete
  12. That is quite the list and wishing you all the best .... you can do it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what I keep telling myself. I can do it of I get off the computer. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  13. Go for it girl! Imagine how you'll feel getting those UFO's done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I am trying to imagine what it will feel like to finish a few quilts and not give them away.

      Delete
  14. I love your little helper! I'm looking forward to seeing your progress on all these lovely projects!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The plan is to post about each one at 3 week intervals. It was suggested that 17 does not divide into 12 months easily so about 3 weeks per project.

      Delete
  15. Oh, Simple Simon is great, going to look good finished.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a lot more work than I had expected considering the simplicity of it.

      Delete
  16. Hi Chris you have so manty interesting projects to work on, can not believe you are making another Dear Jane??? I still have not done one LOL. I like the Only 2 red and white quilt and Simple Simon is going to be so fresh and stunning. Great wee helper I have one the same age. Hugs Glenda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tend to do things in fits and starts. I start many projects and have a fit once in a while. I am seriously trying to pace myself on some of my projects and this challenge is to move them forward and if a finish happens, it's a bonus.

      Delete
  17. Wow, wow, and WOW! Your 17 choices for this year are all beautiful and time consuming. This was a fun read with great visuals to inspire me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WOW, wow, WOW yourself! You have an amazing list of 17 projects to work on. thanks for stopping by.

      Delete