I lost my needle. It had a long yellow thread in it. Really long. Too long actually. I was minding my own business stitching away on this Beyond the Cherry Trees block when I finished a flower center, tied off the thread, clipped it and set down the needle so I could pluck out a chin hair.
Anyone ever have that problem? Losing a needle not chin hairs. When I went to pick up the needle to stitch on the next flower, it was missing. Not the flower. The needle. The one with the long yellow thread. I looked on the desk. I looked in the project box on the desk. I looked on my shirt and sweat pants and my sweater and even looked on my sleeves and socks. I turned the light to shine on the floor, but could not find it. So, I went to get a snack. The stress of it all.
What snack did I get? Sour cream and onion Pringles. One of the little girls asked me where I hid my candy stash. I didn't tell her because I was out. Of stash not little girls. So I bought some yesterday when they were at their mom's. Actually, she caught me snacking on M&M's that I bought last weekend when I was driving a group of junior highs up for a camp clean-up. It was a 6 hour round trip both on Friday and again on Sunday. M&M's are my keep-awake snack of choice for road trips.
The little boys came to visit for 2 sleeps and helped Grampa plough the corn fields getting them ready to plant the corn. The poor guy. He has been waiting for the rains to stop so he could get the manure piles spread onto the fields and plough up the soil. Cannot do that when it is too wet. He has been on his tractor for at least 15 hours a day this past week. And the corn got planted yesterday. Mind you, some of it was in the dark but the custom guys's tractor had gps. Whatever happened to head lights?
There are only the 3 flowers left to applique and the 2 yellow centers then this block will be complete. I found a new needle and threaded it with more yellow thread. Again, I took too long a piece.
Anyone ever have that problem? Losing a needle not chin hairs. When I went to pick up the needle to stitch on the next flower, it was missing. Not the flower. The needle. The one with the long yellow thread. I looked on the desk. I looked in the project box on the desk. I looked on my shirt and sweat pants and my sweater and even looked on my sleeves and socks. I turned the light to shine on the floor, but could not find it. So, I went to get a snack. The stress of it all.
What snack did I get? Sour cream and onion Pringles. One of the little girls asked me where I hid my candy stash. I didn't tell her because I was out. Of stash not little girls. So I bought some yesterday when they were at their mom's. Actually, she caught me snacking on M&M's that I bought last weekend when I was driving a group of junior highs up for a camp clean-up. It was a 6 hour round trip both on Friday and again on Sunday. M&M's are my keep-awake snack of choice for road trips.
The little boys came to visit for 2 sleeps and helped Grampa plough the corn fields getting them ready to plant the corn. The poor guy. He has been waiting for the rains to stop so he could get the manure piles spread onto the fields and plough up the soil. Cannot do that when it is too wet. He has been on his tractor for at least 15 hours a day this past week. And the corn got planted yesterday. Mind you, some of it was in the dark but the custom guys's tractor had gps. Whatever happened to head lights?
There are only the 3 flowers left to applique and the 2 yellow centers then this block will be complete. I found a new needle and threaded it with more yellow thread. Again, I took too long a piece.
Blessings,
Chris
Oh yes... I usually find the lost needle with my foot or my butt!
ReplyDeleteSounds all too familiar. And then hubby finds it...in his foot...and you would think he was dying. And your block looks great.
ReplyDelete