Some of us meet on Facebook Messenger to sew together on Sat mornings. I have been working on some the 150 Canadian Women blocks that were a block of the week project 4 years ago to celebrate Canada's 150 birthday. I started a Facebook group called Quilting @ Farm several years ago for the women who came out to the farm to learn to quilt. We usually got together Sat mornings. Seven of us took on the challenge to make the Dear Jane quilt. Mine is complete but not yet quilted. We often had small retreats. That was when the guest rooms were guest rooms and not family living in them. There are presently 10 of us living here. Well, most of the time. The 3 girl grandchildren go to their mom's half time. So it is only chaos part of the time.
Last week I got 8 blocks made. So far this week I have made another 8. My OMG goal for this month is to have at least 20. Now to find the bin of patterns and precut pieces to put another 4 together.
It's only noon so I have lots of day left to sew.
Blessings,
Chris
linking with: design-wall-monday
Pretty blocks! I understand the "can I find" that you have going with the rest of the blocks! I just spent 15 minutes looking for all the empty spools I saved--Did Not find them! So I'm wishing you better luck.
ReplyDeleteSilly me. I started to put away some of the project boxes in the quil troom and took them upstairs. I also took a lot of boxes from the hall closet up there. I am trying to declutter this space so there is more room for the family to hang out here and do puzzles and play cards, etc., now that winter is almost here with snow this morning. I thought I had all the prepped blocks here but no. I had put them away. So, I pulled out the 3 and finished them. I will be putting away all that, again, and working on some machine pieced Ella blocks this coming month.
DeleteSeriously, I do not know how I manage to clutter up the space so fast with so many things. My head tells me I am only working on a "few" things. But if each one of those few things has 2-3 books or boxes, then it does add up, doesn't it?
Eight Dear Jane blocks a week is a pretty heavy goal. It is a fun one though.
ReplyDeleteI made 8 last week and another 11 yesterday. That's enough for me for now. Next time I have to pull out the bin of fabric and think and plan.
DeleteSorry, I meant "Canadian Women" blocks. They are lovely in red.
ReplyDeleteEight Dear Jane blocks a week is quite the ambitious feat. I still have Bright Jane in a box upstairs to pull out for the RSC in the new year.
DeleteDear Chris,
ReplyDeleteyour Canadian blocks look adorable. Wonderful color combination. Just lovely.
Chris,
ReplyDeleteYour 150 Canadian women blocks are beautiful in red and white. When you talk about projects in closets and guest rooms, I smile because it is the same way here. Thanks for linking with Design Wall Mondays, Judy