For the life of me, I cannot remember what I did last Friday. There were no children here, so it was not hovering over schoolwork. I love having them here and they do know what to do, so it is no hardship for me, other than they use my computer. But, alas, they each came home with a brand new iPad from school so they will work on those now.
Saturday I met with some friends on Facebook messenger and I did some back-basting prep work on 3 Ella blocks so I had some hand applique to pick up through the week.
Sunday was David's birthday, He is now 5 years old. All he asked for his birthday was a Kinder Egg. He got 6. And he shared with his brother and cousins. They came over and we had pizza and chocolate cake. Best birthday menu ever.
Eventually, we got one of the iPads linking up with the school, so Devan was able to move around to do her work. On the treadmill for gym. On a chair in the back kitchen for math. Then I found her here. I guess she wanted to be first in line to get ice cream for the afternoon nutrition break.
The weather this week has been typical mid-January winter weather. Sort of cold but not too cold. Some sun. Some clouds. Can't complain. Well, until the freezing rain caught us off guard and everything iced over. And, we are now in a tighter lockdown.
Then the power went out. About 11 Thursday morning. For a couple of hours. My Sweetie had a nap and I could not focus on anything. So I sorted through some patterns and enjoyed the quiet. However, nothing is simple on the farm. When the power came back on, the sand in the water from last week's broken water pipe flood, decided to shoot through the pipes and no less than 3 waterbowls decided to overflow causing more flooding and had to call in the electrician to fix the heated water bowl in the dry cow barn. Good thing. They found some compromised wires and now they are all good.
Good thing the girls were at their mom's.
Blessings,
Chris
linking with:
offwallfriday. wendysquiltsandmore confessionsofafabricaddict. alyciaquilts.
quiltingismorefunthanhousework. link-party-patchwork-quilts-
Oh my - never a dull moment on the farm! So glad the electrician was able to find and fix a dangerous issue with those wires. Your EMD blocks are just lovely.I think I need to pull mine out in February and make some progress. Glad the iPads are now working for the kids - first in line for ice cream.... can I join in right after her?
ReplyDeleteDevan is a child after my own heart!! Of course! that is where the ice cream is.... smart child. Glad you got a little stitching in!
ReplyDeleteGosh if it's not one thing or the other. Just amazing how reliant we have all become on the internet, but what a good thing we have it now when children are learning from home. The old days of Correspondence School must have been so slow and non-interactive in contrast. Your stitching is lovely. What a great project to be working on.
ReplyDeleteOh, dear -- quite a lot of commotion! And yet you still got in your 15 minutes of stitching, here and there. Your appliqué is spectacular.
ReplyDeleteI guess it is not boring at your house. Beautiful applique blocks, love them so much.
ReplyDeleteI love your appliquéd blocks, so pretty! Boy, what a week ;)
ReplyDeleteThank you for sharing!
Wow! With a crazy week like that, it's amazing how much lovely sewing you got done! I do like reading about your adventures. Good luck next week, and stay safe!
ReplyDeleteSounds like a very, very busy and in some cases frustrating week. No wonder Friday was a blur. I've found the IPAD to be much easier to get connected then our Dell and HP lap tops, but I guess it depends on your Internet. Hope this week is much less eventful and you can get in some good stitching time.
ReplyDeleteThat is a lot going on over there! It does "take a village" to figure out virtual schooling these days... such a challenge! So glad you have your hand stitching to enjoy!
ReplyDeleteWhat a wonderful applique block, You are doing a great work.
ReplyDeleteGreat Ella blocks, I need to get back to working on them, maybe the end of the week. Hope you have a noneventful week this week, and Happy stitching!
ReplyDeleteWhat a week! Your sewing looks wonderful, though, so there were some good things accomplished. Ugh on all the computer schoolwork. Yay for ice cream!
ReplyDeleteHi,
ReplyDeleteLovely blocks to work on. I can totally understand the kids. My grand children are doing remote school too. Sometimes the IPads work and some times they don't. Have a great day!
I'm really glad my kids were at Uni and Senior high school last year, don't know how I would have coped with working from home and home schooling.
ReplyDeleteHaha!! Love the freezer shot - what a funny place to settle in? :D Pretty Ella blocks! A massage. . . now, that's an idea. . . :)
ReplyDeleteYour house sounds like a busy place!
ReplyDeleteGood for you not letting the challenges of "school at home" and a power outage (and after the router snafu, yikes!) stop you from getting in your 15 minutes of stitching! We need those breaks and sanity resets.
ReplyDeleteThose Ella blocks are so sweet! They make me nostalgic for some hand applique. But alas, no time in my schedule for that right now. Thanks for sharing on Wednesday Wait Loss.
ReplyDeleteHillarious to find her on the freezer!
ReplyDelete