Linda and I met at a small two-room school in 1962. It was the year I turned 10. She was 11. She had just moved into our rural farming community and they closed all the one-room schools and started busing us to bigger schools. Then we went through high school together. We actually were in the same class for every subject for the whole four years I went there. She went on to do grade 13 to prepare for nursing school. I could not get out of there fast enough and left after grade 12 and went to college to get away from home. I married my Sweet Farmer a year later and this year we will be celebrating 50 years of being married to each other for all those years. Quite an accomplishment these days.
Anyway, Linda and I had not seen each other for many years until our high school reunion back in 2017. A bunch of us got together for dinner and got caught up with 40 years of memories. It was great. Linda and I and another girl (we are all in our late 60s) started meeting monthly for breakfast until the whole world shut down. But Linda wanted to make face masks for some tiny family members and her sewing machine did not work, so she came to my house to use one of mine. We met with Barb, another high school friend, on Facebook messenger a few times back in the summer. It was great.
Anyway, Linda dropped in a few days before Christmas to bring me a gift. She had taken a picture of my house from Facebook and did a watercolour painting. Isn't it great? The lights and windows are a reflection off the glass in the frame in my quilt room. Can you see the geraniums inside the lower right window? I never realized that watercolour paintings are covered in glass to protect the water paints from running in humidity. Fancy that.
Blessings,
Chris
Such a pretty gift, and so special. I have a best friend from elementary school, we have been friends now for 49 years, and we like to gift each other too.
ReplyDeleteWhat a fantastic thoughtful gift. Great that you have been friends for so many years, and yes, almost 50 years of marriage is a wonderful achievement these days.
ReplyDeleteOh that is such a special gift......and it's beautiful.....goodluck juggling the kids and school....
ReplyDelete