I am done with my formal education. What started out as an impulsive taking one course at Bible college to see if I had what it takes to do college-level studies, turned into an exciting journey of learning and perseverance, frustration and perseverance, and fulfillment and perseverance. This was my part-time empty-nester hobby for about ten years. A lot can happen in ten years. My kids grew up and left home. My parents both died and I became an orphan. We took over the family farm, survived menopause, got invited to see what God was doing in a remote area of India, and became grandparents.
Now if that wasn't exciting enough, for the next four years I went to graduate school and got a Masters in Theological Studies. I learned how to heal from anger, depression, and suicide, went to India 6 more times and learned how to preach.
Then I decided to go the distance and do a doctoral program in Christian Counseling. I published my first book and have 2 more half-written, and went to Africa and Australia and Poland and England and India a few more times and got three more grandkids.
Today I submitted the final two courses. Now, what am I going to do with the rest of my life?
I just realized that we have not been empty nesters for at least 4 years now.
Blessings,
Chris
Congratulations on completing this part of your life journey. I'm sure God will reveal what is next, until then you have applique to keep you occupied. Blessings and happy stitching!
ReplyDeleteThank you. I am looking forward to getting back to the hand applique.
DeleteCongrats on submitting those final 2 courses! I knew you could do it. Time to relax a bit with the grands and your sister this summer.
ReplyDeleteYou know that's not going to happen I have started a new to-do list beginning with moving furniture and revamping my sewing areas. Then I plan to move ALL the rest of my fabrics to the new rooms and take inventory of what I have and what I will part with. Then I am going to set up my new Jazz II sewing machine and start practicing machine quilting skills. In the writing area, I plan to get back to writing my books. I have a new idea to write a series of kindle books around the theme of How to Stay Married for Fifty Years. If all goes well, the first one can be released on Aug 7 our anniversary. But then, I am a bit ADHD and a dreamer at that. Holy Cow! I just completed 5 doctoral courses in 10 weeks. I can do ANY THING! But first I have to feed the grandkids and the Farmer.
DeleteOMG so much has happened...... So much study from one little course..... Congrats on getting to the end..... Huge achievement.....
ReplyDeleteGuess you could spend your time sewing those 80 boxes of fabric???
Congratulations! Bravo for going after your dream. ;^)
ReplyDeleteCongratulations, an amazing achievement, and i am sure God will have plans for the road ahead.i cant see you being bored anytime soon!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations Chris - Enjoy your 'Retirement'
ReplyDeleteBlessings from Wendy (down Under in Aus.)
Woowwweee! You have accomplished so much! Do we have to call you 'Doctor' now?Congratulations! That is an amazing accomplishment!
ReplyDelete