Pages

Saturday, May 28, 2022

End of May


I did not complete the wedding quilt. I had taken the blocks to work on at the quilt retreat in Shipshewana last month, but only got 3 blocks made. When I got started on them, I realized that I had not brought enough background fabric so went shopping for something new. I got 2 yards of beigey grunge which is a bit quieter than the brocade I had used in the borders and the center medallion. And, speaking of the center medallion, there are no less than 12  mitered corners in there and I messed up most of the ones I sewed together. You have to have good light and glasses and a sharp seam ripper and a steady hand to fix them. I had most of those things but not all. Needless to say, I still have to fix them before continuing. I had more unstitching to do when I accidentally used the wrong border strip for the tree trunk. For now, the sections are all just sitting on the design wall. Completing this will once again be my OMG this time for June.

And why did I not get it done, other than playing a million Candy Crush games between editing and formatting the workbook I am writing for the summer small group I will be leading starting next week? I actually got a lot of work done on that the week before the wedding. Also, I had to give up not one not two but all four of my folding tables for the wedding. 

The wedding you say? Yes, the wedding of our son and new daughter on our front lawn. It was amazing. My only responsibility was the outside flowers most of which I had planted back in November. I bought several gorgeous window boxes and planters. Do I have photos of them? Somewhere, but not in my camera. Maybe on my iPad if I can figure out how to export them.

I had given 9-year-old Devan my camera with instructions to take a thousand pictures. She set the camera down when she had to join the bridal procession and did not pick it up again. And, I had given 10-year-old Ellsye the iPad with instructions to tape the ceremony. She set it down when she joined the procession, So, I picked it up myself and videotaped the whole ceremony. Except that since I had never used the thing before, I forgot to press the red record button. 

But just for the procession. I did get the entire ceremony taped. I had a front-row center seat so got it good and clear. But, when I tried to play it back I could not figure out the sound. So many things to learn. I handed off my iPad to one of the guests when we had to do the family pictures. He got some good ones. But they are on the iPad. Yes, I bought an iPad. I have no other Apple products and things are different than the Microsoft devices I have used for the past 25 years. So many things to learn.  

blessings,

Chris


6 comments:

  1. I'm glad the wedding went well and you had nice weather. Maybe it's time for a new goal, how about a completely finished quilt by the first anniversary? They got so many wedding presents, an anniversary present will be more memorable. Happy stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The wedding went well, and that is more important than pictures. Give the ipad to a young person and they will have it sorted in no time. Maybe you will have the quilt finished in time for an anniversary? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. The quilt will be gorgeous once it's finished..... You will get it done soon

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's sad you had so many challenges with this quilt. I'm sure the happy couple will not mind waiting for it, though. They probably have lots of settling in to do--and will love it when it's finished.
    I'm glad the wedding went so well (even though you didn't get all the photos you hoped for). Weddings are such busy times, especially for parents of the bride and groom!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just catching up on blog reading, am so behind, and reading about your busy busy time. The best laid plans sometimes go astray don't they. Glad the wedding went well, and I am sure you will get that wedding quilt finished eventually!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you got some video footage in spite of some setbacks with your little photographers. The wedding sounds lovely.
    Your quilt on the wall is stunning!

    ReplyDelete