I did not meet my April OMG goal so I will move that over to the May OMG. And what will that be? The Biblical Blocks Sampler I am completing for my son's wedding later this month.
And the wedding is where? Here at the Farm, where else. In our front yard. And the side yard and the back yard. It is going to be glorious! All I have to do is provide the outside flowers, and we planted them back in November and the apple blossoms will be out and the lilacs and the horse chestnuts will be blooming. It will be spectacular! And I am sure the bees will be buzzing in full concert as well.
I got my dress last month. It took me a whole 10 minutes. Where do you find fancy dresses for overweight, crippled-up senior women these days? Well, I'm glad you asked. I went to a tiny dress shop in my town and walked out of there with a $400 purple dress for 70% off and a killer turquoise/purple/gold scarf. In just 10 minutes! Then I found some amazing Vionic fancy sandals in my size 11 wide in Shipshewana Indiana when I was at the quilt retreat last week. And I was not even looking for shoes! I bought myself 3 different pairs and a pair of running shoes for my Sweetie who is on a diet and does all the cooking here now. Life is good. I found a fancy turquoise shirt for him at a truck stop and I wasn't even looking for that either.
I will be back at the end of the month with more pictures.
Blessings,
Chris
You sound so good and excited about the wedding. I have been thinking of you and decided it has been too long since I last checked in. I am anxious to see Biblical Blocks Sampler come together.
ReplyDeleteI do hope we get to see pictures of the wedding and the grooms parents in their finery. Meanwhile, keep on sewing.....
ReplyDeleteBest wishes for finishing your goal this month, Chris. It will be a wonderful quilt.
ReplyDeleteSo glad you found clothes for the wedding at such great prices. Gotta love spending less on something you probably won't wear very often.
Oh like Lou said I do hope the pics come of the wedding.......it sounds like it is going to be so pretty in the garden.......and wow how cool and lucky was the dress find...........keep sewing you will get the quilt done.........
ReplyDelete