One of my To-Do Tuesday goals is to pull out Ben Biggs, look over where I am and what needs doing and make a plan to proceed. Judy at smallquiltsanddollquilts. is working on finishing hers and asked if anyone wanted to join her. That is me. I started mine back in 2014 along with many others who collected the pattern free each month from Sentimental Stitches. I don't think the pattern is available anymore. Count the scallops and see how many you come up with on the original quilt below.
I have 6 blocks completed and there are a total of 25 plus that amazing scalloped border. This picture shows 5 with corner buds but the pile on my table has 6.
The plan, for now, is to complete the 4 blocks that just need the corner buds. I am doing this by machine, otherwise, it might have been complete by now. That may not be entirely true. I start projects far more than I complete.
I have a thing for filling and labeling zip-loc baggies. When the patterns were released each month, I started working on them and filed them. I had forgotten how much I like working on several projects at a time with no deadlines.
I did not meet my June OMG goal yet again as I wanted to complete the wedding quilt. I just was not having fun doing it. The colours are dramatic and I had a mental perception of trying to do the whole thing rather than just one block at a time. Sigh.
So, my July OMG goal is to have fun working on several different quilts and if a completion happens, that will be a bonus.
Blessings,
Chris
Labeling baggies is very important when working on several projects at one time. It's so nice to pull out an older project and have the information at hand. Happy stitching! Enjoy stitching in July!
ReplyDeleteAny progress is good progress.
ReplyDeleteHaving fun while working on a project makes a lot of difference/progress. Happy stitching!
ReplyDeleteWhat a beautiful quilt for you to work on ....
ReplyDelete