Pages

Tuesday, July 26, 2022

Churn Dash SAL

 I succumbed to Chooky's SAL along with 41 other quilters around the world. What fun. We are making 8 blocks a month for 4 months. A good pace if you are organized. 


A few false starts had me paying attention better. I am using several old collections by Robyn Pandolph from many years ago.


These are my 8 July Churn Dash blocks.

Add them to the 6 I made in June.

 I am using a variety of solid creamy fabrics. This is a bit of a challenge to keep them all straight. I do not want to mix up the backgrounds. I have all the coloured fabrics cut already waiting and as I cut the backgrounds, I put them into nice, neat, organized file folders. Because I can. I have several other projects on the go and want to keep things in order. It is more fun that way, in my head, and definitely more productive. My OMG goal for July was to have fun working on several quilts, and I have done that. 
I have an invitation (summons) for jury duty on Tues. Who knows what I will be up to next week. 

I even got most of my To-To Tuesday goals accomplished in the past 2 weeks. We have a big family event on this weekend so my quilting goals will be minimal this week. 
  1. Sew something.
  2. Cut a few hexies for Lucy since I finally found the elusive fabric I have been searching for this month.
  3. Baste the hexies already clipped and clip some more. 

Blessings,
Chris

12 comments:

  1. I like the soft tones of your churn dash blocks. It's good to have some way to organize pieces cut for blocks. I think it saves time instead of having to sort the pieces out again later.
    I hope jury duty is easy and that you can take handwork or a book to read.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Take pieces along to sew a Lucy block while at your jury duty selection. Have a good time with your family this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your July blocks look great...... Goodluck for jury duty......

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your Churn Dash blocks look great. Enjoy family time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your churn dashes will make a lovely, feminine quilt. A lot of small progress can move yardage to a quilt. You're doing great.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the churn dashes! Funny because I used to dislike them, and I found myself making a quilt with them earlier this year. Just finishing up quilting it today. Tastes change I guess but I now find them to be all kinds of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your churn dash blocks are pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the color palette that you are using in your churn dashes. Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice batch of Churns and good luck with the To-Do list.
    Maria Lifeontheblock

    ReplyDelete
  10. All the best with the jury duty, not something I have ever had to do thankfully. All your churn dash blocks look great, and will be a very pretty quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Always good to make it through a trial run or two to work out the kinks in piecing a block together.

    ReplyDelete
  12. very pretty Churn Dash blocks....
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete